Alinco: Alinco 1200T data radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesgs

I recently got one of these and will use it for VOIP work on simplex. I have the manual but no schematic to replace the burned out light for the display. Hear this is a common issue with this radio and want to use LED's .Anyone done this before?

Thanks
KJ4DGE

wrath

I have not done it but be forewarned on most of those Alinco radios it requires a seperate daughter card that costs extra, and it will only allow communication with other similarly equipped Alinco radios, it is a feature unique to them and completely useless unless your friends are running them as well.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I have not done it but be forewarned on most of those Alinco radios it requires a seperate daughter card that costs extra, and it will only allow communication with other similarly equipped Alinco radios, it is a feature unique to them and completely useless unless your friends are running them as well.

Huh? The OP has nothing to do with the Alinco Digital voice format. The DJ-1200 was long discontinued before they released their digital voice format as well.

wrath

What the heck was I thinking ! The downside of multi tasking

danesgs

Alinco Data 1200T radio

Not trying to do packet which I believe this radio was meant for, just like the small size and 25 watts out. I have replaced the EL back-light in PRO-2006's and know this entirely different. The service manual is useless as it does not even show PL1-PL6 which are suppose to be bulbs of some sort. Yeah just gonna use it for simplex echolink RF node and maybe check into a few nets and thats it.. Hey the power switch light still works!

Thanks for the replies though

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It was supposed to be a data radio. They did not even come with a microphone. They still fetch a decent price on fleabay because the make perfect APRS Digipeater radios.

I am sorry, I do not have an answer as to what you can replace the light bulbs with, maybe figure out if they are in series or parallel and what the needed voltage is, from there you can fogure out what you need to do to replace them with LED.

Status
Not open for further replies.