RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Amateur Radio Equipment

Amateur Radio Equipment - For general and technical discussion of Amateur Radio equipment such as transceivers, repeaters, controllers and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 6:34 PM

Default Icom IC-V8000

Requesting help with a icom v8000. The radio will work perfect on simplex but will not connect to a repeater on 2 meter. The pl tone is set properly and the pl tone has been enabled along with the -600khz offset that the repeater calls for. (I've tried on multiple repeaters and same thing happens). I listen in on my handheld that does work with a repeater and can never hear the icom connect. I've performed a full reset and followed the manual like a bible, even called icom and they couldn't help me either.
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2017, 7:37 PM

check to see if your repeater lock out function (page 21 in the manual) is in the off position

Follow ■ Accessing a repeater instructions on page..17

i use the auto tone option on my 8000 --helps me out instead of programming them all in manually

hope this helps somewhat...good luck
Old 06-27-2017, 7:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default IC-V8000

McGruber, where are you located ? I have the same radio. Maybe I can help you. Do you have Echolink on your phone or other device that we could talk directly ? I'm located south of Detroit, MI

Joel, N8JOY
Old 06-27-2017, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipfd320 View Post
check to see if your repeater lock out function (page 21 in the manual) is in the off position

Follow Accessing a repeater instructions on page..17

i use the auto tone option on my 8000 --helps me out instead of programming them all in manually

hope this helps somewhat...good luck
I performed all that and still no luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8JOY View Post
McGruber, where are you located ? I have the same radio. Maybe I can help you. Do you have Echolink on your phone or other device that we could talk directly ? I'm located south of Detroit, MI

Joel, N8JOY
I am located near cabot Arkansas. yes I have echolink

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2017, 9:16 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If you set the tone sq on the ht and then xmit to it will it
Open the tone sq on the ht with the proper pl tone from the icom?
Old 06-28-2017, 11:46 AM

Try using the HT to listen to the input frequency of the repeater while you are transmitting from the 8000. You may have to get a little ways away from eachother to avoid desensing the HT. Have a buddy help you by listening on the HT. So for example if the output of the repeater is 147.360 then listen on 147.960. If you can hear your transmission the most liley culprit is an incorrect PL TONe or you may have CTCS enabled, I suspect the former as you said you couldn't hear the repeater opening from the HT. If you don't hear anything on the input freq than I suspect the direction or offset.