Yaesu: Changing VX-6E auto mode presets for US operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakelandDX

I purchased a Yaesu VX-6E dual-bander HT in 2007 while living in the UK. It's default operating frequency ranges and associated modes and steps are obviously different from those in the US. This radio contains a preset table of these operating parameters that I would like to investigate changing as a last ditch effort to make this radio worth keeping around now that I am back in the US. Can anyone provide assistance or direction on this item?

Thanks in advance.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Would it be possible to modify the radio to North American specs? Often, the intended region for a radio can be changed by rearranging the configuration jumpers for the radio's CPU. Search for Yaesu VX-6 mods to see what's out there.

LakelandDX

Thanks, that was a helpful suggestion. It seems people really like to open these radios up for out of band operation. Though that was not my goal (and I didn't do it), I found enough information to solve my problem. With a couple of minor limitations, the radio now looks and acts like its stock US counterpart. Saved the radio from going into the junk pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.