Kenwood: Question - Kenwood TM-D710GA APRS PATH DISPLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapaq2

Group,

On my Kenwood TM-D710GA, there is a function that occurs on the display that shows "VIA the a first and last call sign and some other information". Almost every time my radio beacons I get this on the display showing me the routing of my beacon to an iGate.

I am not sure how I managed to enable this, I sure don't remember it doing this before, but I don't want it and have been trying to figure out for a couple weeks now how to turn it off.

Does anyone know where or how to disable this? Please see attached screen shot image.

Thank you,
Doug

Attachments

• IMG_2634.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 298

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
This is controlled by the settings of Menu 625 Display Area. See page APRS-19 and APRS-3 in the CD-ROM manual.

Last edited:

dapaq2

Well that's very deceiving... Argh!

I was under the impression that "Display Area" meant just that, (location/position on the screen the information is displayed, such as full screen, one side of the screen, or disabled), I was not thinking that it meant WHAT INFORMATION OR CONTENT is displayed on the screen. They should rename it to "Displayed Information or Displayed Content" instead of Display Area.

Ok, I will run down to the car in a little bit and adjust the settings... Thank you W9BU for this helpful information.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.