Yaesu FT2DR in mobile version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Does Yaesu have a mobile version of the FT2DR. I love the display and wide receive range of the handheld. I would definitely enjoy a mobile version for my vehicle. The reason for specifically low band of 46 MHz is for fire Dept monitoring. Their actually fire depts still dispatching on these frequencies. Other then that the Yaesu products are great for the amateur comm’swhich they are designed to do. My area has just linked the system fusion repeaters allowing nice digital signal.

Drumbum

Does Yaesu have a mobile version of the FT2DR. I love the display and wide receive range of the handheld. I would definitely enjoy a mobile version for my vehicle. The reason for specifically low band of 46 MHz is for fire Dept monitoring. Their actually fire depts still dispatching on these frequencies. Other then that the Yaesu products are great for the amateur comm’swhich they are designed to do. My area has just linked the system fusion repeaters allowing nice digital signal.
Isn't that called the FTM-400DR

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Isn't that called the FTM-400DR

No , the ftm400xdr although is the digital mobile radio. Yaesu has built this radio to receive to 108 MHz for avaition. Nothing lower then that. The only other radio I can find is the 857D which covers HF but no digital.

Drumbum

No , the ftm400xdr although is the digital mobile radio. Yaesu has built this radio to receive to 108 MHz for avaition. Nothing lower then that. The only other radio I can find is the 857D which covers HF but no digital.
Really,, didn't know that, I was under the impression it was the same by the way they advertise both together all the time

fireboat61

Premium Subscriber
Really,, didn't know that, I was under the impression it was the same by the way they advertise both together all the time

Both models do have many similarities for example system fusion capabilities and dual band 2m and 440 transmit. As for the receive the FT2DR is much wider.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Does Yaesu have a mobile version of the FT2DR. I love the display and wide receive range of the handheld. I would definitely enjoy a mobile version for my vehicle. The reason for specifically low band of 46 MHz is for fire Dept monitoring.
The answer is no.

Also, with a wide receive range on radios you are apt to get overloaded with RFI. Hook your FT2DR up to a larger antenna and try it yourself. You may be lucky and in a location that does not suffer RFI from various transmitters nearby.

k6cpo

So many first responder organizations have migrated up into the 900 band and added trunking that a fire department dispatching down in the 46MHz range is probably somewhat rare. The manufacturers are just following suit with what people want to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.