Icom: Icom America Service Stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2hps

Premium Subscriber
I am posting because I am extremely unsatisfied with the Repair Service from Icom America in Washington.
I purchased an ID 5100a deluxe in Jun of 2017 in Jan of this year 2018 I noticed that the display was no longer accepting any touch screen inputs. Since the radio was still under warranty I thought all I would have to do is send the unit in for repair. Mind You I have had motorola radios, Kenwood radios, etc. that had various issues some under warranty and those manufactures give me prompt and professional service. no questions no hassles at all. I was so impressed with icoms d-star that i purchased an id51aplus 2 before the issues with the 5100a. I called Icom repeatedly, about the status of my radio. to which they replied"its First in First out" they dont seem to care that its a warranty issue which in my opinion should be a priority. this was 2 weeksago that they received the unit. It begs my to think if they are that busy with repairs perhaps that they QA of their products must have issues. I escalated this issue with ICOM America Corp. to which I still havent gotten any reply. As I said, other manufactures such has Motorola have sent NEW radios with deep apologes..

YOU know the OLD saying say A FISH STINKS from its head down.

I wish Kenwood would make a Mobile d-star Radio

Rred

Funny, I would say that if I had a two year old radio and sent it in for repair before you sent in your radio...mine should still get fixed first. A customer is a customer and they are all entitled to service.

Now, if your radio was a month or two old, I could see them replacing it instead of repairing it. But a year-old radio? I don't expect service like that from anyone except perhaps LLBean. (They know what customer service means.) And even they do "first in first out" unless you've got a special crisis, like "But we're getting married next month and I want to take it on my honeymoon!"

I don't see a problem with Icom America (who are NOT ICOM) just a problem with an Icom radio that didn't hold up well. You might CC your complaints to Icom in Japan, because they made the radio. Icom America just buys the rights to sell and service them in America.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Funny, I would say that if I had a two year old radio and sent it in for repair before you sent in your radio...mine should still get fixed first. A customer is a customer and they are all entitled to service.

I agree. I don't see a problem with this. It's first-come, first-served.

I have to wonder if OP has ever had to go to the dealership to have a recall taken care of. Something that has been recalled because it could turn into a deadly situation. Guess what? Those can't cut the line either and it's still an all-day affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.