Looking for antenna tuner legal limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4TDM

Hey all... I’m looking for a affordable manual tuner that will handle legal limit and one that has a meter on it... I just want some personal opinions on what yall have used and what is the best one in your opinion! I’m looking to spend around $400. Thanks,

KM4TDM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W3DMV

. I use a Pal Star AT-2-K. Nice tuner with built in metering, built in switch to select different
antennas.
I use mine for contesting and it holds up well under heavy use. Operates 160-6 meters.
They are expensive, but purchased mine used for $400. Good luck...

KM4TDM

. I use a Pal Star AT-2-K. Nice tuner with built in metering, built in switch to select different
antennas.
I use mine for contesting and it holds up well under heavy use. Operates 160-6 meters.
They are expensive, but purchased mine used for $400. Good luck...

Thanks For the tip!

prcguy

+1 on the Palstar for a new tuner. Otherwise some of the older tuners from the 60s are really good and the prices are very fair used. I have a Palstar but my Drake MN-2000 is built much better and only cost about $250 on Epay. There are lots of other great vintage high power tuners from JW Miller to Dentron or TenTec, Heathkit, Murch, Nye Viking, Millen, B&W, Johnson and a few other classics.

But not MFJ.
prcguy

D

DaveNF2G

In that price range, whatever you get is going to be used.

KM4TDM

Thank you all for the tips! I just wanted your opinion and see what worked for you! Thanks again!

KM4TDM

Status
Not open for further replies.