Yaesu: Ftm 350:device 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mech259

My FTM 350 shows "error or DEVICE 2" on screen opposite band with focus. If you change focus to the other side, same thing happens to other side. Have searched through APRS manual and radio manual to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Attached pic

Attachments

• ftm350.jpg
    ftm350.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 111

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I will assume this is when monitoring and not transmitting. If transmitting could be out of band.

mech259

Yes and no. When you switch focus from Band A to B, the device 2 goes to A. B is set on 144.390 for APRS, not out of band.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Check off set as in that area it would be negative .60 and would be trying to transmit out of band. I don't think Auto Offset would impart a negative offset, but if the previous frequency that was manually put in had a negative offset and may have stayed as a negative offset. Not familiar with the 350 but I have run into this problem on some other radios. I would want to rule that out is all.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any of the accessories installed, such as the bluetooth module, FPR-1 or Voice module? Or the GPS? Based on the user's manual, FPR-1 is on K02 (may be the 'device 2' that's causing the error).

Also try doing a microprocessor reset (this will ERASE all of your programmed memories, so back-up
accordingly first).

The procedure is detailed in the link here (user's manual for the FTM-350) on page 52 called 'Special Function Menu'

http://www.anico.sk/manualy/YAESU/FTM-350_EN.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.