Questions on a ht.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a yaesu (I think that's how it's spelled) FT60. How are they for tx and rx. How well built are they( they feel like a real radio)? I've looked at the price of these radios and think the deal I'm getting is a really good one. Owner says the only reason he is selling is he doesn't use them anymore. Any information is welcome. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RadShackFan

I've had one for about 10 years now. It's a sturdy, reliable radio that a great many folks will say is Yaesu's best. It's the radio I use during severe weather events and it has never let me down. Great audio.

You can get batteries for it at batteriesamerica.com

I've had one for about 10 years now. It's a sturdy, reliable radio that a great many folks will say is Yaesu's best. It's the radio I use during severe weather events and it has never let me down. Great audio.

You can get batteries for it at batteriesamerica.com
Thank you for the information.

N4KVE

It’s the small block Chevy of HT’s. Millions sold, ultra reliable, & a million times better than a Baofeng, or Wouxun.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
FT-60R

Although it is an older, basic dual band radio, it has a proven track record. Easy to enter new frequencies, reliable operation, more memory that you will ever need, and a cost that is reasonable. The only possible negative is that the battery is a NiMh, but there are aftermarket options. I use alkaline cases with either good AA NiMh or AA alkalines. If I could only have one HT, it would be the one.

N4KVE

Batteries of America had plenty of batteries for that radio at Dayton. My friend bought a few. And over the years I have learned that "newer isn't always better".

k6cpo

I've had one for eight years and it's indestructible. It's got a crack in the window over the LCD screen from where I bashed it against something on an Amtrak train, but it didn't effect the LCD at all and the radio still performs perfectly.

Step up to the digital age but still have analog.

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-015655

Do you really want tech that's about a decade and a half old? Aftermarket batteries is going to be your first issue to deal with.
I was given 2 baofeng radios a while ago by a friend. I purchased a radioddity gd77 ( which I m still trying to figure out). Working on getting my kenwood installed in my rig( all I need is an antenna and coax). Reading these replies they will work for what I want them for. Not saying at some point i won't get a digital one just taking small steps into this world and learning as i go. If my daughter were to get into it it she could probably teach me like I taught my dad how to set the VCR clock and timer way back when. Lol.

Thank you all for the input. Hope to catch some of you on th air. But right now I'm limited to 2m and 70 cm. Hoping to hit the lotto sometime. This is gonna be an expensive hobby. Lol

I thought it was girls, cars, guns and radios?
Lol. Women are a no brainer. Gotta have offspring to pass all the heirlooms down too. Though sometimes women ***** about the money we spend on our hobbies. My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them

wrath

I mixed women and radio ,she found a guy with bigger coax or hardline maybe ?
I don't miss her ! She stole alot of stuff but didn't get my radios !My entire collection of Federal Signal lights ,from the gumball machines off my 68 thru all light Streethawks,firehawk's and various dashlights.
I have actualy run across her on the air a few times but didnt talk to her .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.