Alinco: Alinco DJ-C4T (or just DJ-C4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy625

I got the Yaesu FT-51R working, had to fashion a new battery pack for it but it works quite well.. a bit on the complicated side menu wise but I'm getting the hang of it.

Along with the box that the FT-51R came in, I found another radio in there.. This thing is the size of a credit card and is called an Alinco DJ-C4T (440Mhz version). It was literally sitting under the bottom flap in the box hiding under all the cables and garbage.

Seems as though this one is also older than the internet and I can't find any useful documents on it. The lithium battery is completely toast so I hot wired an 18650 battery to the PCB power terminals.. It should run for a week on that battery.

The problem is that I think there might be a busted connector inside the speaker jack and I can't seem to get it out. The radio has no actual speaker and requires earphones if you want to hear anything. I think maybe the tip of the 2.5mm plug might have broken off inside the jack housing.

I need to disassemble the radio's pcb boards but it would seem that I'm not intelligent enough to find all the screws because I can't get to the speaker jack.

Once again, I searched to the end of the internet and can't find a service manual.. Anyone know where I can find one?

Murphy625

Never mind.. I found the screws under the front panel pressure label where the buttons are at. When I went to peel it back, there was a 15-20 conductor ribbon attached to the LCD screen that was "pressure bonded" and it couldn't take the pressure of an idiot..

I just turned the thing into landfill material.

On a positive note, since it was already trashed, I tore open the speaker jack connector and sure enough, the tip to one of those little 2.5mm jacks was inside.. wedged in there good too.. I don't think there would have been any way get that out.

Too darn bad, what neat little radio that would have been.

Murphy625

Its a paper weight now.. land fill material.. I think it was a paperweight as soon as I got it.. I was able to get the radio powered up and it transmitted just fine, but there was no way to remove the speaker jack plug that broke off inside.. and trying to remove it just destroyed the radio.

Oh well.. easy come easy go. At least the FT-51r works well.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Please take it to an electronics recycler rather than let it go into a landfill.

Murphy625

We recycle or reuse almost everything. Too bad there aren't really any parts on it I can strip off.

Status
Not open for further replies.