Cat 300dx questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX5812

I’m concidering buying a cat 300dx. I know it’s not frequency agile but what is the difference between a remote base and a link radio?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The CAT 300DX is a repeater/remote base controller. It has no radio. Therefore, there's nothing in a CAT 300DX to be frequency agile.

WX5812

M aware of it not being frequency agile. But as I see on the cat 1000 for example it has ports for a link transceiver. And the 300 has ability to use a remote base. What is the difference?

AK9R

Super Moderator
If you have a receiver on your repeater's input frequency that is located at a remote location and it somehow passes the audio that it hears to the main repeater, that would be a link.

If you have a transceiver attached to the main repeater that can operate on frequencies different from the repeater, that's remote base.

These are the definitions that I carry in my head. Others may have differing opinions.

AK9R

Super Moderator
Also, after having used a CAT 300 DXL, an Arcom RC210, and an NHRC-7, my preference would be the Arcom. Programming it is a lot more straightforward than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.