Alinco DR-735 vs DR-638?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larsks

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a mobile rig, and the Alinco models caught my eye. They have two models that appear to be very similar, the DR-735 and the DR-638. Both are dual-band VHF/UHF units with about 50W max output, pretty much identical frequency coverage...heck, most of the specs are very similar. HRO has them both listed at the same price right now.

Can anyone shed some light on what the *differences* are between these two models?

Thanks!

K4EET

Chaplain
Hey folks,

I'm looking for a mobile rig, and the Alinco models caught my eye. They have two models that appear to be very similar, the DR-735 and the DR-638. Both are dual-band VHF/UHF units with about 50W max output, pretty much identical frequency coverage...heck, most of the specs are very similar. HRO has them both listed at the same price right now.

Can anyone shed some light on what the *differences* are between these two models?

Thanks!

Here is your question and the answer... LOL!

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/difference-between-alinco-dr-735-and-dr-638.628832/

73, Dave K4EET

larsks

An answer, maybe, not necessarily *the* answer :). Have you worked with either of these models before?

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Hey folks,

Thanks!

The 638 is Part 90 certified. You can transmit out of the box on non amateur VHF/UHF freqs if you are licensed to do so. I have a 638 in the shack. Nice radio. No issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.