Yaesu: How to manually program a Yaesu FT-250?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to manually program 2 meter repeater freqs into my memory bank, I have tried looking for videos and easy instructions online but can't find anything that shows it step by step.

For example I am trying to program a repeater with the freq of 146.730 with a PL of 156.7 into my memory slot 1, once I know how to do that I can easily continue programing other repeater freqs and PL's

jwt873

Premium Subscriber

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Front panel programing can be a time consuming pain. Especially if you have a large list of repeaters to enter.

What you might want to do is pick up a programing cable https://www.amazon.com/MAXTOP-APCUSB-YR91-Programming-FT-250R-FT-270R/dp/B01LX8674N then download the Chirp programing software. https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

This way you just type the info on your computer screen and don't have to worry about endless button pressing on the radio.. :)

I understand that would be the easier way too do it, but at the moment I need to do it by hand. Just looking for a simple step by step instruction video or manual on how to do it.

w2xq

Mentor
You probably won't find an "easy" how-to manual or video as there isn't a need to do so. Do these steps (in the manual). I use the PDF version as it is easier to read.

1. Enter freq: P.7 - Frequency Navigation
2. Set the power: P.7 - Changing the Transmit Power Level
2. Set the tone: P. 15 - CTCSS ( PL tone)
3. Save into memory: P.18 - Memory Storage

Can't get any easier. You don't have to worry about repeater offsets, as the radio's defaults take care of that.

Good luck.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
You probably won't find an "easy" how-to manual or video as there isn't a need to do so. Do these steps (in the manual). I use the PDF version as it is easier to read.

1. Enter freq: P.7 - Frequency Navigation
2. Set the power: P.7 - Changing the Transmit Power Level
2. Set the tone: P. 15 - CTCSS ( PL tone)
3. Save into memory: P.18 - Memory Storage

Can't get any easier. You don't have to worry about repeater offsets, as the radio's defaults take care of that.

Good luck.

Thanks! That's what I was looking for in the way of directions!

w2xq

Mentor
Glad to help. If you want to label the memories--I use the repeater call--see p.19 Labeling Memories (bottom of page).

FWIW I can't remember all the available functions settings despite owning the VX6R for ~10 years. I keep the PDF manuals on the large SD cards in my phone and tablet for quick reference. (Dropbox and similar cloud thingies would also get it done.) I always have one or both devices within reach.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.