Yaesu: FTM-400xdr and FT2d memory writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I purchased both FTM400 and FT2D and also added a 32 gb memory card to both. Has anyone used a computer to add memory channels without without all the steps just put in Frequency, Digital mode, offset, pl or DPL and Digital code in a column and write it to the SIM card and then read it? Any ideas or recommendations? I will purchase a program if needed.

Aero125

RT Systems makes great software for each of these radios. You can save to the SD Card then load programming from the card into the radio, no cable needed. The software also helps with a lot of the advanced settings in each radio as well.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
RT Systems makes great software for each of these radios. You can save to the SD Card then load programming from the card into the radio, no cable needed. The software also helps with a lot of the advanced settings in each radio as well.
+1 on RTSystems. I use their programs with a 400XD and FT1XD. $25 each and direct download. I do not use any cables to connect/program each radio. Everything is done using the MicroSD card.

I use their software for other radios as well. It make is quite easy to copy from one and paste into another. This keeps my frequencies (channel) numbers the same across multiple radios.

Support is very good too. I had some old version that would not update over the Internet. Oh yeah, their software updates over the Internet as well. Anyways, they had me send a photo of the disc and shipped me a new one. I sent the old one back as requested.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I own both radios and the RT software. Programming via the SD cards is definitely the way to go. All you need is a card reader (probably built into the computer). I think the cost of the RT software is worth it. I've tried the free Yaesu software and find that it is not as good. I recently bought an FT-70D and tried to use the freeware. It cannot program memory banks. You enter all the information and assign memories to banks, write to the radio and get the error message "NO BNKS". Bought the RT systems software (for FT-70 you need their cable) and simply re-wrote the file to the radio and the banks work fine. I already had a cable for programming a VX-6R which works well on the FT-70D as well.

I had the same problem with bank programming with CHIRP too.

The programming cable situation is a little complex. The FT2 and the FT70 come with USB cables which can be used to program the radios AND update firmware using Yaesu software. The RT cables use the speaker mic connector to program only. RT does not do firmware updates. Firmware updates are a bit tricky. Yaesu has reasonable, but not simple, software for doing this. Fortunately a new radio should be updated and the updates are not that frequent. Just updated two older FTM-3200's. Not fun, but I eventually got the new firmware installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.