Yaesu: FT-70DR Extended Trabsmit Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuhnje

Hello,

Has anyone extended the TX range on the 70DR by removing the resistor under the plug on the back?

There is just one reference on the web, with photo, but looking under the plug on my 70DR it looks completely different than the photograph. Doesn’t look like they changed the orientation of the photo, it’s just different. Possibly different versions of the same model. I’d like to modify ir myself, but not about to go pulling out a component unless 100% certain it’s the right one to pull.

N4KVE

I’m sure the OP is asking for educational purposes only. Years ago we had to do the mod for out of band RX, & TX. But newer radios already come with out of band RX, so no mods are necessary. I’m sure the OP knows this, or should.

k6cpo

I’m sure the OP is asking for educational purposes only. Years ago we had to do the mod for out of band RX, & TX. But newer radios already come with out of band RX, so no mods are necessary. I’m sure the OP knows this, or should.

Just checking... It's all part of the concept of amateur radio being self-policing.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, there is no need to re-hash the OOB debate. If you can answer the OP's question, feel free to do so.

kayleesdad

can extended frquency ham radios be used on marine frequencies without breaking the law?

yes I picked up an extended frequency 70dr from the online seller. works fine on ham frequencies and with fusion. speaker had to be replaced under warranty.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
can extended frquency ham radios be used on marine frequencies without breaking the law?
No.

Radios used in Part 80 (Maritime), 87 (Aircraft), 90 (Private Land Mobile), and 95 (Personal) must be FCC certificated for that application.

Again, this thread is about OOB modifications to a Yaesu FT-70 handheld radio. Let's try to stay on topic.

kuhnje

I figured this would turn into a rehashing of the very old, and beaten, topic of modifying for OOB even though there horse has been flogged to death. Whatever. I’m not going to contribute to it. I already modified my FT-70DR, just as I’ve modified many other of my radios, and cars. Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.