Shuttle launch Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone rebroadcast the shuttle launch on 2 meter?
I live in Trumbull,CT north of Bridgeport. I remember listening to a rebroadcast on 2 meter years ago..just wondering if that is still done.
Thanks

JESSERABBIT

In answer to your question, the only Amateur Radio entity that I know of that does monitor and re-broadcast shuttle communications is the Goddard Amateur Radio Club in Greenbelt Md. Do a search for thieir site and it will give complete information. I used to listen in on it a lot when living closer to that area. I don't know if there are other Amateur repeaters that do this, but with Echo-Link that is a possibility. The ARRL site may have further information on this subject.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
If you live near an echolink node, just connect to node 13599.

I'll be glad when they retire the shuttle. I was surprised to see they have something like 5 missions this year. They need something to replace the shuttle right now. If not, I'm afraid we will be out of space exploration for a long time while other nations forge ahead.

I keep getting bad feelings about each shuttle launch.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
No need to feel bad, it's safer now thanks to all the changes to management procedures than ever before.

No need to listen to it on any web feed, it's all directly available (audio and video) from NASA - NASA TV

Status
Not open for further replies.