Burghardt to No Longer Sell Amateur Radio Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb0nly

Yep, this has been a long time coming. Jim has been saying this for years and they finally did it. I knew it was going to happen when i saw them dump about 80% of their inventory onto their eBay account in one week.

They will still be doing internet sales on new gear, but they won't have the in store stock and such. Not sure if they will just close the retail location and downsize or what. He was saying he would like to get rid of the expense of maintaining the store front.

In my opinion from past dealings with them i wouldn't even bother with them for service, go to the manufacturer or somewhere else! They always overcharge for the simplest of things.

k8wha

Burghardt

Sign of the times I suppose.. however, I have not dealt with them for some time. They were always more expensive than other dealers but you did get top notch service and an honest representation of their used gear. I still have the Drake 2NT that came out of their shop.. has the store label inside the chassis and still works great :))

Dick

JeremyB

Are they on hiway 20? I went through that area quite a few times years ago and I don't remember seeing their building, from what I saw on google maps they should have been almost right across the street from the farm implement dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.