D-star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
haha, i don't get it, there are so many d-star websites and forums with so much information, i'm not sure what you would want to have... repeaters? gateways? maps? how to work/operate d-star? I mean I love D-Star and am all for promoting it just wondering what you are wanting... maybe a D-Star sub-forum would be nice...

blinddog50

All the above.
Just a way to share info with those who don't know or understand about d-star.
Let the members here that normally wouldn't go to a d-star website get their toe wet.
Might learn something yourself, I know that there's a lot that I'm still finding out.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
All the above.
Just a way to share info with those who don't know or understand about d-star.
Let the members here that normally wouldn't go to a d-star website get their toe wet.
Might learn something yourself, I know that there's a lot that I'm still finding out.

I think a D-Star sub-forum would be great, i think it would be to much for a lonely sticky, but who knows, well see what happens

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
There are no other "technology specific" sub-forum's on R&R so I do not think it would warrant one as I don't think it has matured enough and nor is it a technology that can be monitored on a scanner, which is really what R&R exists for.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum that is designated to APCO25 Ham Systems and should the board owner think it is warranted can do the same.

Besides, there are sooo many other D* discussion groups on Yahoo that this one will be outnumbered by a couple hundred to one.

My vote is no...

trace1

As a D-STAR user and advocate I really see no need for a Sticky or Sub-Forum for it here. As it has been said there are numerous D-STAR related forums and web-sites already out there that pretty much covers any and all things D-STAR related.

Other than D-STAR transceivers, the only other receiver that can decode D-STAR transmissions is the ICOM IC-PCR2500, I believe, and with the cost of that you'd come out cheaper by just buying a D-STAR transceiver.

No scanners exist that will decode D-STAR and since this site is more Scanner/Receiver related it just really doesn't make sense to add this Sticky/Sub-Forum. But since I'm not the owner/administrator for this site it really doesn't matter what I, or anyone else for that matter, other than the owner/administrator has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.