10 Meter Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all,

Well "they" (NOAA and NASA) have "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]recently released a new prediction for the next solar cycle. Solar Cycle 24 will peak, they say, in May 2013 with a below-average number of sunspots."

Even if this is the case, Ten Meters will still be more open than it has been in the last few years. To aid Hams in knowing if the band is open into or out of New England [USA], I operate a Ten Meter beacon from Deerfield, Massachusetts [FN32].

The beacon's frequency is 28.289.50 and operates 24/7/365. So far the beacon has been reported to have been heard in 13 states and in Mexico. To read more about my beacon, please click on this link: ( ( N1KXR/B ) )

It's my hope that the beacon will aid in the enjoyment of our hobby. Happy DXing!

[/FONT]

Ward-29C

Great Job with the beacon!

The beacon's frequency is 28.289.50 and operates 24/7/365. So far the beacon has been reported to have been heard in 13 states and in Mexico. To read more about my beacon, please click on this link: ( ( N1KXR/B ) )

It's my hope that the beacon will aid in the enjoyment of our hobby. Happy DXing!

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Rich,

Great job with the beacon, I was on DXSummit webpage and saw quite a few reports on on your beacon. I see it was copied in Brazil! Nice job for 25 watts!

Propagation beacons serve the Ham community well, and they're fun to hunt!

Rich,

Great job with the beacon, I was on DXSummit webpage and saw quite a few reports on on your beacon. I see it was copied in Brazil! Nice job for 25 watts!

Thanks for the complement.

A group of us were just up at the transmitter site a few days ago doing some work on the other stations that share space in the shack. We also spend some time weed wacking and doing general clean-up work of the shack and surrounding area.

For now all the beacon needed was for the antenna's mast to be straightened. During this past winter it started to lean a bit. Knock wood, all else seems to be fine with the beacon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.