Yaesu FT 2500 M

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0TDL

Wondering if anyone has this radio , wanted to know your opinions and review of the radio . I just got one of these and so far very impressed

EC-7

I have one it works good for me. MY DTMF mic doesnt work tho for some reason, but I got the radio used. Most of the lights for the display have burnt out, but I keep it on 24/7 for the last 3+ years, as a fire radio monitor and light bulbs are supposed to burn out after a few years. The button door likes to fall off, and mine finally broke, but its no big deal.

It has good audio, RX and TX. I with the Vol and squelch knobs were reversed, but its ok, just have to get used to it.

N0TDL

It seems to do well , the lights seem to all work for now , however reading i think eham or qrz , they mentioned the lights burning out and how to replace them . Microphone problems also have been reported on that site aswell. The FT 2800 m is awesome , grrr now i gotta get used to this FT 2500

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
I have one. Absolutely love that it has no moving parts. My lights still work, amazingly. I had thought at one point perhaps they were LED, but everything I read says no. Guess I can't complain! My FT-5100 lights have burned out three times and they are roughly the same age.

Only issue so far has been weak TX audio. Or so some of the people I talk to say. I'm soft-spoken anyway, so get that a lot, but other radios don't elicit that response as much. It apparently isn't *too* low, as they carry on a conversation with me just fine. I may try another mic - the 5100 uses the same mic, and I have a spare, but uses the barrel connector so one day I'll have to convert one to the RJ45 and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.