Routt County, Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTbillybob

Premium Subscriber
I am going hunting in October just north of Toponas, Colorado and I do not get cell service in that area. I am taking my HT with me and I would like to program it for the frequencies in the area, not just for Ham but for LEO's and SAR agencies as well. I have found the Routt County SAR frequency on the FCC site, the SO dispatch and Fire dispatch, but I can't find any info for repeater, input, output, tone etc.
I would really like to have this info since I am taking a couple of newbies up and who knows what can happen. If I had cell service up there I wouldn't worry about it but I am lucky to see civilization for a week.

Thanks all!

Bill
KDØGPS

canav844

It would be a stretch but if it's not mountain blocked I think it'd be worth while to have this repeater site programmed in CRA: Squaw Mountain Site
and here's a list of other 2m repeaters around the state, but depending upon where in the county you are unless you're repeating off of a car to hit the area repeater I still think it's going to be tough to do just based on the geography and distance
The Colorado Connection Repeater Sites

It's a tough spot to be in, but I hope I've found at least one repeater in range for you.

LTbillybob

Premium Subscriber
I have the Sqaw mountain repeaters, but I am doubtful I can hit those with my HT or the mobile in my truck. But I will check the repeater lists to see what may be available in that area.

Any thoughts on if there are any monitored but not used that often repeaters around there?

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I have found the Routt County SAR frequency on the FCC site, the SO dispatch and Fire dispatch, but I can't find any info for repeater, input, output, tone etc.

This information for Routt SO and FD is available here in the Database. Make sure you check the "Show input frequency" box.

Status
Not open for further replies.