Amateur Repeater Pairs ALL BANDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

432JDQ

Being a Licensed Ham op for ever, one may think I know the answer to this question, or know where to obtain it..however I dont!

I am looking for an extensive list of ALL REPEATER pairs on 6,2,220,432/440, 903/903 & 1296.

I have searched n searched, and I find by state listings, but not a list of ' Approved Pairs '

I would like to have every pair especially for 10m and 6m, this way when the band opens.. guess what.. Ill know about it! No interest in european pairs, just the standard US pairs for these bands.

I have the simplex frequencies so no need for those.

Thanx in advance .. I think!

-Steve

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Simply put your radio in search on each of the bands of your choice!
You can do that can't you?
N9ZAS

fineshot1

ARRL Web Site

Did you check the arrl web site for the nfcc coordinating org listings?

The official home page of the NFCC, Inc - COORDINATORS

Each state has one or more coordinating orgs and the band plan associated with each band.

In the band plan info should be a listing of all the approved repeater pairs or if no listing of each
pair they at least tell you between which two freqs and the channel spacing so you should be
able to figure it out.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
One of the problems you'll run into with this project is that there are different input/output splits in use on 6m around the country. I know 500kHz and 1MHz are in use and I believe some places use 1.7MHz.

On 2m, you'll find different rasters in use around the country. Most places have split the 146.6 to 147.4 sub-band into 15kHz channel spacing, but some use 20kHz channel spacing. The 145.1 to 145.5 sub-band is pretty universally divided into 20kHz channels starting at 145.11, but there's a coordinated repeater on 145.48 near me which does not fit that pattern.

I'm not sure I'd bother trying to program memory channels with each possible repeater pair. Just set up search ranges using the repeater sub-bands as shown in the ARRL Repeater Director.

One other comment..Keep in mind that repeater coordination is local. The ARRL and NFCC have written generally-accepted band plans, but the individual repeater coordination bodies apply their own rules.

Last edited:

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
I have searched n searched, and I find by state listings, but not a list of ' Approved Pairs '

This varies from region to region and state to state.

Different coordination bodies have adopted different channel spacing and offsets, making it nearly impossible to have a radio with every approved pair.

Same goes for simplex...what may be an approved simplex freq in Montana may be a repeater input in Oklahoma, or vise-versa.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
You'll have to make your own list. The mention of regional plans has already been mentioned, so pick a region. Some regions are quite radically different from ARRL national plans. For example, Southern California use 20 KHz spacing, and are 'low in, high out'. The rest of the nation seems to use 25 KHz spacing and 'high in, low out'.

For this reason, you're simply not going to find "a list of approved pairs" .

Your particular regional frequency coordinators will have a published band plan. That's as close as you're going to get. There should be enough detail in the band plan to create your own list.

SOFA_KING

It is a shame that there is not a national standard. Some areas "do their own thing". That is the problem. :(

Searching may be your only way to catch whatever, but a radio that will let you link two or more search ranges would be most usefull.

10m is pretty standard with 29.62 (out)/52 (in), 64/54, 66/56, 68/58 as repeater pairs. Some try and put repeaters in-between these pairs (bad idea).

6m is messed up since the ARRL and CA decided that their bandplan was better than what nearly all of the rest of the country was doing (WA the big exception...and another standard of "do our own thing"). In most areas it is 52.01 to 52. 99 in / 53.01 to 53.99 out at 20 KHz channel spacing.

2m is whatever the local area does, but where I travel mostly follows the band plan. The repeater directory is the best way to know what is going on in any area.

220 is standard bandplan from what I can tell.

440 is high in / low out in FL, but in NY it is the other way around. Why? I have no idea.

900 changed some years back to, again, the CA plan by the ARRL. Many stations in the NE followed the original band plan put out by the ARRL. My Syntor X still has what I put in it from 1991. I can't tell you what is going on now. I think it is a "free for all".

Can't comment on 1200.

None of this may help. This has been my experience on the east coast.

Phil :cool:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
It is a shame that there is not a national standard. Some areas "do their own thing". That is the problem. :(

Different regions have different needs. A 'one size fits all' solution would probably end up being something that EVERYONE hates.

6m is messed up since the ARRL and CA decided that their bandplan was better than what nearly all of the rest of the country was doing (WA the big exception...and another standard of "do our own thing"). In most areas it is 52.01 to 52. 99 in / 53.01 to 53.99 out at 20 KHz channel spacing.

Don't know what to tell you there, but the ARRL adopted the So. Cal. plan in 1991. That would seem to me to be a step in the right direction.

2m is whatever the local area does, but where I travel mostly follows the band plan. The repeater directory is the best way to know what is going on in any area.

This is where So. Cal. **REALLY** screwed up! They have alternated repeater inputs/outputs on 15 KHz spacing. Insanity! This is what happens when you allow the general ham population to take over the frequency coordinating technical committees.

440 is high in / low out in FL, but in NY it is the other way around. Why? I have no idea.

Low in/high out makes more sense because it puts amateur repeater outputs and commercial repeater outputs together (445-455) , thereby reducing some mutual interference potential. The hams in CA and NY have traditionally been more in tune to working with the commercial side because of the sheer density and number of systems on area mountain and building tops.

900 changed some years back to, again, the CA plan by the ARRL. Many stations in the NE followed the original band plan put out by the ARRL. My Syntor X still has what I put in it from 1991. I can't tell you what is going on now. I think it is a "free for all".

Thank Part 15 for the 'free for all'. Thank Teletrac for the rest. The So. Cal. 900 band plan is based on slicing out a piece of spectrum that has a chance in hell of actually working. Now that Teletrak has ceased operations in 900 MHz, you can expect some changes on the horizon. Spell that 'more available pairs'. The ARRL band plan has no resemblance whatsoever to what's done here, and would be a disaster if we tried to use it.

None of this may help. This has been my experience on the east coast.

And add a west coast perspective. I think in the end, it shows that we need some regional autonomy, especially on the higher bands. 6 and 10 meters would do well to have a single national band plan.

SOFA_KING

Roger all that ~

Agreed on the 6m and 10m. Having been in NYC/NNJ, I know they need to flex the plan some. Just not enough RPTR space.

Agreed on 900 too. It just gets confusing to people when band plans do not match.

Status
Not open for further replies.