renewal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjfswkr

Hi all,
I have been licensed for over 20 years now and just realized my license expired last year. I got online at FCC website and renewed online which seemed to take. I thought it said you could renew up to 90 days after expiration whic mine was past. What would happen in this case if I could not renew?

73'

Kevin

trace1

From the FCC web-site:

Common Filing Task: Renewing a License

You may receive a license expiration notification from an entity, but you are not required to use its services. File for renewal 30-60 days, but no more than 90 days, before your license expiration date. 47 CFR Section 97.21, provides that when your application for renewal has been received by the FCC on or before the license expiration date, your operating authority is continued until the final disposition of your application. If your license expires, you may apply for renewal of the license for another term during a two-year filing grace period. The application document must be received by the FCC on or before the end of the grace period. Unless and until the license is renewed, no amateur operator or station operating privileges are conferred. Applications received after the grace period has ended cannot be granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.