Cw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubz

a really neat thing occured to me the other day
my 4 yr old daughter was hearing my morse code programs going the other day as i was listening trying to make some sense of it

she got so interested she sat up on my lap and listened with me
i use morse academy(most of the time and some other things i found) so she could see the letters on the screen

who would have thought i could learn code and my daughter learn her abc's at the same time
so now every night when she hears me start up the program she comes and says "time to do my abc's daddy?"

kind of silly in my opinion that they eliminated cw from the tests

anyway enough of my babble just thought a few of you might think this was pretty cool

Last edited:

shaft

Thats pretty cool! There is nothing better than having your daughter interested in what you are doing. Mine enjoys playing with my radios with me. I'll try the morse trainer with her as well. I bet she picks it up faster than I do...

Nubz

thanks for the reply
i just found it so cool in my mind that amateur radio found another way for me and her to spend time together

and yes i was wondering ab out how much she would actually pick up on it myself since its easier to learn if youre young

is she going to come into the shack someday after i get my ticket and ask me about why so and so said this or that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.