Conest Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8tmk

Nothing like a contest to screw up a DXpedition to a very rare country like Andaman Island! That's one of only two that I haven't confirmed yet.

Help stamp out contests!

Randy Kaeding, K8TMK

zz0468

QRT
Banned
How about just establishing a dx window, and disallow contests from operating there. There's really room for everyone. We just have to get better organized.

Daniel_Boone

Banned due to duplicate accounts
Banned
I can't understand why someone would get so upset.

That is why God and Hammarlund invented the tuning knob.

When one frequency is busy, you just turn it a little one direction or the other.

LtDoc

The problem with contests is the lack of courtesy. As in, interference. Odd! I find the same lack of courtesy being demonstrated by DX'ers.
- 'Doc

N1BHH

Lack of courtesy is one thing, poor amateur practice is another reason. These contests don't have specific frequency ranges which they should, that way we who don't contest can avoid these ranges. Those who do contest should stop thinking so highly of themselves and get off that holier than thou horse and stop to think what it was like when some jerk came within 2 kilohertz of them when they had a crappy old receiver when they started out in ham radio. Everyone has done it, it's happening with every weekend contest period.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Help stamp out contests!"
A facetious remark I'm sure.

"How about just establishing a dx window, and disallow contests from operating there."
Yeah, good luck.

"The problem with contests is the lack of courtesy. As in, interference. Odd! I find the same lack of courtesy being demonstrated by DX'ers."
I see you've been around for a while. Don't forget the DX cops, they're a royal pain in the crotch!

"The DXpedition is only on this weekend? What freqs are they running? Only one mode?"
You're getting warmer. Now take a closer look at the middle question and think WARC bands and 60M. You're hot. If the DXpeditioners aren't already there get the word out to them before they pack up and venture out... NOW YOU'RE BURNING UP!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.