Phun Phonetics

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

Post the best call sign phonetics that you use, have heard on the air, or of someone you know! My old call was WB9UAI and some times I used Ugly American Indian. Not politically correct, I know, but it broke pileups. One year I operated Field Day with W9FK, we used Fat Kangaroo most of the time, but on Saturday night, they had a YL get on there with a super sexy voice and used W9 Fuzzy Kitten. Boy, did she get the pileups on 75m fone! Hi Hi

CalebATC

Anyone want to guess my call? It's quite simple... name and location!

Could also be "compressed natural gas" or "California national guard" :)

To bad I can't use it with made up acronym, since some spell my name with a K. Still could and come back with a charlie, though.

Funny on the W9FK!!!! That's pretty clever!

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
One of our local guys sports the call; n9doa , Dead on arrival !
He usually spouts this off on his way to work,lol! :roll:

n9zas = Zima after seafood!

LtDoc

The one that sticks the most was one I heard a long time ago, "I I P". He used 'Icky', 'Icky', 'Poo'. Not the worst example I've ever seen, but it's rememberable...
- 'Doc

n5ims

Used to love working with the Greater New Orleans Amateur Radio Club during contests. Whiskey 5 Ugly Kisser was always fun to say.

asd6845

I had a friend when he was active with the call WE5B - Will Eat 5 Burritos.

Then mine is fun KC5 Quick Personal Computer

jmp883

Mine is not so much funny as coincidental:

K-C-2-Port-Jervis-Line

I was a train dispatcher for NJ Transit and one of the rail lines I dispatched was the Port Jervis Line, which runs through Orange County, NY. It's one of my favorite lines to do rail photography on as well. It was just pure chance that my assigned call came out the way it did :D

GrumpyGuard

During our Daily Drive net "The Beer and Pizza Net" we have one guy that checks in with a call of W6LRG W6 Lazzy Retired Guy. One of these day's I will come up with something fun for mine but the suffix of YLJ just does not bring any thing to mind.

K4NNW

Some of us did this with our suffixes of vanity and sequential calls. In no particular order, the sequentials:
PCA = Politically Correct Airhead
BQI = Be Quiet, Idiot!
NYV = No-good Yankee Vermin, or New York Village
YLM = Yonder Lazy Mexican (The owner of that call is not that lazy, but he's not Mexican either)
MPR = Must Photograph Railroads (And yes, this guy does take rather good railroad photographs)
Now the vanity calls:
N4LFJ = Living For Jesus
K4NNW = Not Normal Whatsoever
One that I had heard of was a club call in the Tidewater area, which was W4HZL, Whiskey 4 Honolulu Zulu Lulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.