Well Everyone its's May so who is going to Dayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

Hey Everyone

Just wanted to post a New thread and see who is going to Dayton Hamvention This year.?

This will be my second time in 5 years and this time I wont be going single, My wife will be going with me
Dont worry my wife is a Ham too and she says I take care of the finances so this time I might bring a few things back with me.. If I do fine something large I guess it will be shipped back by UPS or USPS since I will be flying and renting a car.

Maybe we can all meet up for coffee or dinner?

I will have my freqs programmed for listening and have my vhf/uhf radios programmed for all the Dayton area repeaters.
Will also be listening on 146.520

So who is going?????
73s
Michael & Bobbi
kb0vwg and kb5vwg

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I'll probably go over on Friday and walk the inside exhibits to see what's new.

146.520 will be a very busy. If you are looking to stay in contact with someone, you and your friends may want to choose another frequency.

If you buy from AES, they will usually ship Dayton purchases for free to anywhere in the U.S. I've placed orders with them on Friday at Dayton and received the items on Monday or Tuesday. Other dealers may have the same policy.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not me. There's nothing at dayton that I can't buy or see here. :)

n9zas

bluestallion

me and a friend of mine might be going, but not for sure. We will be heading up friday morning, and head back sunday morning. We will be carrying or wouxuns with us.

X

xts3000r

it would be nice if there was any 800mhz p25 up there that all i have

KB0VWG

Its not all about buying either

Not me. There's nothing at dayton that I can't buy or see here. :)

n9zas

I enjoy visiting with people face to face and meeting some old friends that I havent seen or spoken to in awhile. Thats something you cant do in front of a pc.
kb0vwg

KB0VWG

Rf hayday

I'll probably go over on Friday and walk the inside exhibits to see what's new.

146.520 will be a very busy. If you are looking to stay in contact with someone, you and your friends may want to choose another frequency.

If you buy from AES, they will usually ship Dayton purchases for free to anywhere in the U.S. I've placed orders with them on Friday at Dayton and received the items on Monday or Tuesday. Other dealers may have the same policy.

Yes I do know about 146.520 and all the other vhf and uhf freqs will be overloaded. And yes will have my wouxan as well and other radios included.
kb0vwg

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I enjoy visiting with people face to face and meeting some old friends that I havent seen or spoken to in awhile. Thats something you cant do in front of a pc.
kb0vwg

True, but I squashed all my social butterflies long ago! :twisted:

n9zas

KB0VWG

Flying out of San Antonio

I will Drive to San Antonio on wednesday night and fly out of there on thursday morning and return on the 25th of may. . The next question is who is staying where? Motel 6, Super 8, Holiday inn, etc etc.
My wife and I will be at the super 8 on dryden rd.
kb0vwg
73s

Last edited:

JnglMassiv

I'll be at Dayton again this year.
I'm staying on Miller Lane. It's a mile of reasonable hotels and chain 'fooderies' that'll be brimming with hams.

I expect to be bringing the new mystery manpack and am looking forward to tuning 51.

KR4BD

I'll be there all three days. I've only missed about 5 Hamventions since my first one in 1975. For those who have never been....It's an annual event that has to be experienced to be believed! Absolutely everything is there for radio junkies like me. Over the years, I've bought many great scanners at discounted prices, too. It's only a three hour drive for me and I have a son living in the area, so lodging is FREE, too.

As the old saying goes.... Look for me..... I'll be the guy wearing the hat with my callsign on it!

KD8DVR

I'll be going Saturday. (If my ride still is going) I'll be listening to the 220 Call frequency. I forget what it is right off hand; but it is programmed.

KB0VWG

Yeah I should look that up and put it in my radio too. I have my wouxan dualband handheld which wont do 220 but my wife will have my kenwood thf6a, I will look up the 220 calling freq for that radio and have it set.
kb0vwg
73s

KB0VWG

I'll be there all three days. I've only missed about 5 Hamventions since my first one in 1975. For those who have never been....It's an annual event that has to be experienced to be believed! Absolutely everything is there for radio junkies like me. Over the years, I've bought many great scanners at discounted prices, too. It's only a three hour drive for me and I have a son living in the area, so lodging is FREE, too.

As the old saying goes.... Look for me..... I'll be the guy wearing the hat with my callsign on it!
Yes i totally agree that you have to be there, I know ebay is cool for buying stuff but it does not come close to being at Dayton or any other hamfest. Meet new friends and old. I will be there from thursday to tuesday. Will have my portable shack setup at the motel.
73s
kb0vwg

Status
Not open for further replies.