need info on renewal of call sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3kti

hello all. my call sign runs out on oct of 2011. how do i renew it? is there a way i can do it online? i am handicapped and dont drive anymore . i dont want to lose my call sign..ham radio is great i love it 73s.ty all.N3KTI.

I just renewed mine online and already have the printed ticket in hand in just a few days. They require you to be within 90 days of expiration to renew online.

You will have to sign up with FCC website here FCC Universal Licensing System (ULS): ULS Home and obtain your number for site use. I dont think there is a time requirement there for obtaining number so I would go ahead now and do that part.

BTW if you have never used it before browse that site there is a lot of good info available for hams and monitor folks both there.

Check your private messages I did not want to tell you something public that would be of no use to anyone else here

Last edited:

halftime

Premium Subscriber
I found the QRZ site to be helpful to update my change of address and they also do renewals.

QRZ.COM

you'll have to register, but it's free!

n5ims

There are basically two ways to renew your US ham license. Both work well and it's your choice what to use. Please note that there may be an extra charge for renewing licenses with vanity call signs. Renewals can't be done until 90 days prior to it expiring so you must wait until then to request your renewal.

First you can use the FCC's web based ULS system (link above in the first reply). This service is normally free, quick, and direct with you calling all of the shots and making all of the entries. This would be my choice. You must first register with the FCC and get your FRN (your call appears to already have one so this step is probably already done for you just do a search on your call for the number) and the associated password for that FRN (you can click the "Contact Tech Support" link on the log in screen to get yours if you don't know it). You can then renew your license online. If you wish, you can also renew via snail-mail using the FCC form 605 (note that this is the FCC form 605, and not the NCVEC form 605)

Second, you can use the various renewal services provided by QRZ, W5YI, ARRL, or many other organizations. Most often, they'll charge you a fee ($8 - $15 of so) and take the information from the NCVEC form 605 you submit with your fee and send this off to the FCC for processing. They isolate you from the FCC ULS system and for some make the process easier (but for a fee). Please note that any FCC fee (currently only the $13.50 vanity call renewal fee) will be passed on to you over and above their processing fee.

KR4BD

I believe the ARRL will renew amateur licenses for FREE

IF.....

1. You are an ARRL Member
2. You DO NOT have a Vanity Callsign

...At least that's the way it used to be...

Renewing licenses online by yourself on the FCC site is not difficult IF you have all the numbers required...

Status
Not open for further replies.