Dayton Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I haven't heard any dates but the dual-band Wouxon mobile is coming out soon. Not sure if it'll be announced at Dayton or not.

990adv

Alinco news

Alinco had a new, functioning dualband HT on display. 220Mhz and 900Mhz. How cool is that?!

990adv

Since I rode my motorcycle to Dayton, space was at a premium. I sent a bag of goodies back on Saturday night with another local ham. In that bag was a single sided information handout from Alinco listing model number and tx/rx specs.

Unless someone beats me to it I will list the info tomorrow.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I didn't see anything at the Big 3 amateur radio manufacturers that hadn't already been released or announced. Very disappointing. I will jump to the conclusion that the tight economy two years ago has finally manifested itself as a lack of new products.

Meanwhile, the Elecraft booth was packed with people and the Flex Radio and Ten-Tec booths appeared to be very busy.

I was hoping that Kenwood would follow up on last year's release of the TS-590 with a replacement for the TS-480 to compete with the Icom IC-7000. I'd also like to see Icom get on-board the APRS train with a handheld and a mobile to compete with the APRS offerings from Kenwood and Yaesu.

I'm hoping for some competition to the Yaesu FTM-350AR?
Besides the Kenwood TM-D710A, what competition were you looking for?

Oh, Kenwood released firmware updates for the D710 main unit, control head, and TNC last week. And, they released a revision to the memory control program for the D710.

drdiesel1

Besides the Kenwood TM-D710A, what competition were you looking for?

Not a complete list but something with screen similar to the 350AR with:

- Proper cross band repeat (currently will not transmit call sign every 10 minutes)
- Live computer control, not just the cloning type mode
- Would absolutely love a modern version of the DSP-10

How about a PSR-800 built in while I'm wishing :D

990adv

The reps at the booth told me 5w on 220 and 2w on 900.

Hopefully they are correct and not the 1w on both bands as per the link.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
1W or even 2W would still make commercial rigs more attractive but it's nice to finally see a purpose built rig for that band.

Status
Not open for further replies.