Which is faster -- CW or Texting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Find out here :)

THIS ISNT FAIR BECAUSE THOSE GUYS ARE PROFESSIONAL SENDERS,they probably dont even have to look at the keyer they are using!!

KI4RDO

Silent Key
good question i saw we put a long time ham against a forum member is 14 year old kid in a head to head competition. my money is on the 14 year old kid

KX4KDH

Database Admin
And that was the days before full qwerty keyboards.... Put me up against they keyer, and I will smoke him....

Confuzzled

good question i saw we put a long time ham against a forum member is 14 year old kid in a head to head competition.

Huh?

Speaking clear, concise English is always faster.

Typing clear, concise English with proper punctuation is always the most accurate.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"...they probably dont even have to look at the keyer they are using!!"

A keyer is nothing more than an electronic relay switch that goes between the bug and the transceiver so why would anybody look at it? Since this thread rapidly went down the tubes from there as it always does with each incarnation (;->) it's time to paraphrase the dolphins*... goodbye and thanks for all the laughs.

* Goodbye and thanks for all the fish was the note left behind as they left Earth in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
What is the fastest anyone has ever heard of anyone SENDING BY HAND??

canav844

What is the fastest anyone has ever heard of anyone SENDING BY HAND??
I've heard stories of WWII ops sending at about 60wpm

I can type on a computer at 120wpm

I just changed phones so now I'd say I'm at about 5wpm with the touch screen, but with my crackberry and 4 years on a real QWERTY that I didn't have to look at I had to be able to hit at least 25wpm and could've given those guys a good run for their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.