Need repeater help kq2h

Status
Not open for further replies.

darticus

I get this repeater real strong but I don't know what to put in my radio to receive and transmit. It comes in on 146.6250 but I can't seem to find what to put in my radio to transmit to it and the PL. I think it might be in New York but not sure. Any help would be great! Ron

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I think he meant to say:

Input: 146.025 (Rx PL 94.8)
Output: 146.625

... as indicated by his link.

majoco

Stirrer
I don't get it.

In a previous post dated 23 June you were enquiring about how to get a ham ticket.

Now in this post you are asking about transmitting to a repeater in the 2m band and quoting a call of KQ2H.

Then you ask about buying gear without a ticket.

Can we take it that you have passed your Tech exam?

Last edited:

darticus

Yes, you are correctamundo! Ron

I don't get it.

In a previous post dated 23 June you were enquiring about how to get a ham ticket.

Now in this post you are asking about transmitting to a repeater in the 2m band and quoting a call of KQ2H.

Then you ask about buying gear without a ticket.

Can we take it that you have passed your Tech exam?

fineshot1

I think the site has it backwards
It says TX 146.625 and RX 146.025
PL 94.8
Thanks guys I hope I got it right now will try. Ron

The web site has it posted correctly.

That info is in relation to what the "repeater" transmits and receives.

Your portable must be set up to the reverse of that.

Your radio must transmit on the repeater receive freq and receive what the repeater transmits.

Hopefully that explains it to your understanding. If not just ask more questions and we will
try and get ya on the same page as us.

darticus

Thanks now I got it. Ron

The web site has it posted correctly.

That info is in relation to what the "repeater" transmits and receives.

Your portable must be set up to the reverse of that.

Your radio must transmit on the repeater receive freq and receive what the repeater transmits.

Hopefully that explains it to your understanding. If not just ask more questions and we will
try and get ya on the same page as us.

pjtnascar

I heard the activity you're taking about on that frequency today, Ron. One guy is in the midwest, and the other was in California. I believe one of them was on the echolink system, which connects radios with the help of the internet.

darticus

I think I heard the same one and said to Pat they must be using the internet to go the other 1/2 way. Sent another PM. Ron

I heard the activity you're taking about on that frequency today, Ron. One guy is in the midwest, and the other was in California. I believe one of them was on the echolink system, which connects radios with the help of the internet.

darticus

Thanks for the info. That is a very strong repeater at my house but I don't seem to be able to hit it. Is there another way to get to it. It has the most traffic. I have in 146.6250 receive , 146025 transmit, 94.8 pl so it must be .600 minus. I 'm a newbie so all help is great. Ron

I think he meant to say:

Input: 146.025 (Rx PL 94.8)
Output: 146.625

... as indicated by his link.

hockeyshrink

Thanks for the info. That is a very strong repeater at my house but I don't seem to be able to hit it. Is there another way to get to it. It has the most traffic. I have in 146.6250 receive , 146025 transmit, 94.8 pl so it must be .600 minus. I 'm a newbie so all help is great. Ron

Hi Ron,

That is the correct info for the 2m input to KQ2H/W2FLA system, with the 2m repeater in Woodbourne, NY. I just tried it...its working.

pjtnascar posted the link before which shows all the repeaters in the system. Keep in mind the NYC 70cm link is often turned off.

PS: make sure you have your squelch type set to Encode so you will transmit the 94.8 Hz tone required to open the repeater. Sometimes just setting the CTCSS is not enough.

Last edited:

darticus

It worked with a smaller antenna. Thanks Ron

Hi Ron,

That is the correct info for the 2m input to KQ2H/W2FLA system, with the 2m repeater in Woodbourne, NY. I just tried it...its working.

pjtnascar posted the link before which shows all the repeaters in the system. Keep in mind the NYC 70cm link is often turned off.

PS: make sure you have your squelch type set to Encode so you will transmit the 94.8 Hz tone required to open the repeater. Sometimes just setting the CTCSS is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.