Question about Programing a handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

darticus

I have the program for the handheld but not sure what numbers to put in. Randolf NJ Repeater has a frequency of 441.5000 I need the transmit frequency which I guess is 5 less. It also shows 141.3. I hope these are correct so the info to enter would be 441.5000 receive, the transmit is minus so it would be 436.5000, pl I think is 141.3. Can someone check me for the right stuff? I have the repeater guide but new to this. Ron

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Here ya go

I have the program for the handheld but not sure what numbers to put in. Randolf NJ Repeater has a frequency of 441.5000 I need the transmit frequency which I guess is 5 less. It also shows 141.3. I hope these are correct so the info to enter would be 441.5000 receive, the transmit is minus so it would be 436.5000, pl I think is 141.3. Can someone check me for the right stuff? I have the repeater guide but new to this. Ron

Ronnie ,ronnie ,ronnie here is what ya need my friend transmit is plus 5 mHz
I have that one programmed in mine also

Location Randolph, New Jersey
Frequency 441.500 +
Input 446.500
PL Tone 141.3

darticus

Thanks I did it right. Sent minus but have plus. Maybe I did them all right. Trying to do the programming before I get my number to get on the air. Is there a good list of frequencies for this area or is it just hit and miss. I'm scanning with my pd scanner ham frequencies than putting them in if I find something. Thanks again Ron

Ronnie ,ronnie ,ronnie here is what ya need my friend transmit is plus 5 mHz
I have that one programmed in mine also

Location Randolph, New Jersey
Frequency 441.500 +
Input 446.500
PL Tone 141.3

Last edited:

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Here are 2 sites to check out

Thanks I did it right. Maybe I did them all right. Trying to do the programming before I get my number to get on the air. Is there a good list of frequencies for this area or is it just hit and miss. I'm scanning with my pd scanner ham frequencies than putting them in if I find something. Thanks again Ron

Here is a good list

Amateur and GMRS radio repeaters in New Jersey

Also the link below is a state wide linked 2m/440 repeater system..Weather you programm a 440 freq. or a 2m freq you would be simualcast through all of the freq. on the system. This is a great repeater i could be at the north end of the STATE and you could be down the shore and we would be able to talk to each other like we were sitting side by side ..make sure you check this one out see below

Welcome to the W2NJR Linked Repeater System

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Ron let me know what ya think about the two links i sent ya 2 post's ago.DAN

pjtnascar

Ron, the first link is where I get all of my repeater freqs from. I imagine as we get more familiar with this, the offsets will come as almost second nature.

darticus

I put in W2NJR. I had some trouble understanding 446.775 Hopatcongs pl What is it?. Also Sparta says 146.6350 Minus CQ CQ CQ. What is the pl??? Thanks a lot Ron

Here is a good list

Amateur and GMRS radio repeaters in New Jersey

Also the link below is a state wide linked 2m/440 repeater system..Weather you program a 440 freq. or a 2m freq you would be simulcast through all of the freq. on the system. This is a great repeater i could be at the north end of the STATE and you could be down the shore and we would be able to talk to each other like we were sitting side by side ..make sure you check this one out see below

Welcome to the W2NJR Linked Repeater System

DannB

Premium Subscriber
The sparta freq. is a D-Star repeater your handheld is NOT Dstar ready i would bet. Oh when it refers to CQ for the PL this means "Carrier Squelch" NO PL also The Hopatcong repeater i have never been able to get i dont think it is active???

Last edited:

darticus

Thank again. Ron

The sparta freq. is a D-Star repeater your handheld is NOT Dstar ready i would bet. Oh when it referes to CQ for the PL this means "Carrier Squelch" NO PL also The Hopatcong repeater i have never been able to get i dont think it is active???

Status
Not open for further replies.