W5YI VE Waiting Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR0SIV

Just curious if there are any W5YI VEs here that could give me a rough idea of how long it might be before I hear back from them.

I submitted about a week ago to get an actual application mailed out, I am a license General and my status has posted in the ULS.

Thanks for the input guys, I googled around a bit but had a hard time finding the answer or posts of others who asked the same question.

KC0KM

I am in the same boat, sort to speak. I too sent off to get my VE a few weeks ago (11/23) and not heard back yet. I am expecting anytime though. When my father got his I think he said it took two weeks.

KR0SIV

Alright thanks, sounds good...
Hopefully we'll both hear from them soon

KR0SIV

I'm aware I would only be able to administer Tech exams... but I am working my way into Extra basically for that reason only.

I think its stupid if they deny someone just for that reason, I don't see any reason not to let someone get their feet wet, besides they need all the help they can get.... I saw the list of Ohio, its just sad how few VEs there are.

It would be very helpful for me too, since I could get the Extra on HamTestOnline for free (no, thats not my reason for applying) but it would certainly help since I'm so broke right now its not funny.

KZ9G

Premium Subscriber
They vary between two weeks and a month. Usually the new licenses have a priority to processing ve applications. Also the list of ve's that they have are a list of the CVE's (contact ve's) that want to be listed. There are many many more ve's out there. They will not deny you for being a general. I have 3 or 4 generals on my ve team.

KR0SIV

Thanks KZ9G, yeah they just sent me an email with the application.
I'm just waiting for a copy of my upgraded FCC license to show up in the mail so I can photo copy one over to them with the application.

KC0KM

THANK YOU for helping others to get their ticket!

Well, I had my first testing session tonight. My father (who also is a VE) and I worked together, he read and I graded. All told we had four new Techs and one General tonight. The one who made General only got her "ticket" a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.