Programming cable for VX6R

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8TZC

Premium Subscriber
Just received my programming cable for my VX6R today and conneted it up and was roaring to get to town.... well, so much for plug a play.

I had to do some fishing for the driver as the old XP laptop that I have couldn't find the driver for it. It was supposed to have the FTDI chipset, but it did not. It appears that it needs the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port driver. If you run into the same issue, search on "Prolific driver 06.25.2004.2.0.0.26" and you should find it.

Anyhow, after that was all taken care of I was able to get rockin with Jim Mitchell's Commander software.

One thing I did notice was that after I downloaded and added a few channels to what I had already manually programmed, none of the freq's were displaying on the xceiver. I noticed in the program that on the main memories page there is a column called NAME and it has a choice of two values (Freq or Alpha). They were all set to alpha, and it appeared that it was looking at the TAG name. Since all of these were blank (except 1) all but one were showing as blanks. Anyhow, flipped these all over to Freq, and now back to normal.

Anyhow, just wanted to post this in case anyone else runs into this same issue listed above.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.