Echolink link radio keys down when Echolink is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
When I close Echolink or my computer restarts, my echolink link radio will just stay keyed down. Is there a setting somewhere to prevent this?

Thanks,

Tim

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Err, Echolink doesn't use a radio??? What am I missing?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
And the Rigblaster uses serial port keying to accomplish transmit? I'm thinking something on the serial port is getting left high (or low) whether it's RTS or CTS when the software exits.. I'm not familiar with the Rigblaster so I'm only guessing.

timkilbride

Database Admin
And the Rigblaster uses serial port keying to accomplish transmit? I'm thinking something on the serial port is getting left high (or low) whether it's RTS or CTS when the software exits.. I'm not familiar with the Rigblaster so I'm only guessing.

Yes, the serial port is hooked to the rigblaster which in turns keys the radio.

Tim

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
can you switch from RTS to CTS to key the radio (or visa versa)? It may be what you need. Check the manual for the Rigblaster.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
That would be the only thing I could think of, unless you're using a USB-Serial adapter instead of a hardware serial port.

Al42

Two things come to mind:

1) When the computer reboots, the state of the serial port is undetermined, so you have to accept the key-down or disconnect the repeater or Rigblaster during boot.

2) It sounds as if the idle state of the lines is set to key down, and the program is set to keep them active for key up - which would have the Rigblaster key down when the program stops running. I've never used Echolink with a rig, but I suspect that you can reverse the keying sense in the software and in Rigblaster. A voltmeter would tell you what's going on here. Active is around -10v to -12v for an RS-232 pin. The pins should sit at a slightly positive voltage when the transmitter shouldn't be keyed. (Computers rarely meed RS-232 specs, which call for +12 idle and -12v active. But the Rigblaster should work with -10v active and a couple of volts positive for idle.)

Status
Not open for further replies.