Dedicated PSU for Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrissim

Hello:

My dad left me a number of receivers from his years in the hobby. However, we have been able to find only two original power supplies for two Icom receivers. For the others, I've been using power cables that one would use to power a computer. They work fine, but I realize these might not be the intended configuration originally designed by the manufacturer of the radios.

I have searched online with the hope of purchasing power supplies for these units, but I've had no luck. For instance, the Drake and Ten Tec return nothing on a search for a power supply for the specific models.

I have considered using something along the lines of an MFJ-4225MV. My first question: is it necessary to provide such a power supply, or am I safe using what I have been using?

Secondly, these power supplies, such as the MFJ referenced above, seem to only have a connection for one radio. What if I wish to power two or even three simultaneously? Does this mean that I need to have three separate power supplies to provide power to three different radios?

Certainly these are elementary questions. Please have patience.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.