how do I use autopatch/phonepatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello everyone I can't seem to figure out how to use autopatch. I tried dialing my cell numbe into the repeater ind it did not work. Is there something I'm missing I don't know how but any help would be great. Thanks

nd5y

It depends on how the repeater and autopatch is configured. Ask the repeater owner.
Typically you would key up and send the access code, unkey and wait for the dial tone, then key up and dial the phone number.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
autopatch/phone patch

It normally takes several numbers that the operator dials in (dtmf) to bring "up" the auto patch function, once you hear a dial tone then you input the number your calling, when your done with the auto patch another set of number takes "down" the auto patch function.

Usually the repeater trustee or other representative issues the proper numbers (codes) for paying members to use the auto patch.

Check with them for the proper usage of the auto patch. Also make sure that your DTMF function is active for your radio.

73, Rex, KIØBJ

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I thought autopatch went the way of the dinosaurs. Microphone keypads are set up like those on a wired telephone so you'd press star for connect, dial the number and pound to disconnect. Could be the other way round, I don't remember. Usually numbers are used to bring up auxiliary functions, some are available to club members and others for control operator use only. That's how I remember it but like the commercial says your actual mileage may vary so ask the repeater trustee.

W2NJS

There is no "standard" procedure for accessing a ham autopatch. One machine I've used you dial the four-digit access and, without a break, continue with dialing the number you want to reach. In most cases, but not all, you are expected to be a financial supporter of the repeater. We all know how much a landline phone connection costs per month these days, and it ain't cheap.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That reminds me, autopatch was removed from the repeater I was talking about because abuse started. Members were making long distance calls to avoid toll charges, a few bad apples spoiled it for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.