VHF/UHF Repeaters in Western New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Just wondering which area repeaters would be worth plugging into my Baofeng. I still have some blank memory channels to fill in it.

I'm in Buffalo around four times a year and Rochester at least twice and would like to know what popular repeaters the locals use in those areas.

Got my call sign on the 10th and now waiting for the certificate by snail mail.

D

DaveNF2G

The repeater guides will give frequencies and locations, but the OP asked which ones would be popular. That information won't be found in any of the references suggested so far.

For Rochester, I would recommend the RRRA Megaplex, whose 2m port is on 146.880 and I think the CTCSS is 110.9.

There is also a wide area repeater in Attica (between and south of Rochester and Buffalo) on 145.310. I can't think of the tone offhand, but for that one of the above-mentioned guides would come in handy.

Last edited:

mciupa

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at your links.

And thank you Dave, I'll pay particular attention to your suggestions.

fireresq2825

There are several good repeaters in the Buffalo area, and some link to Rochester (and points beyond). You can find some good information at wb2jpq.com about the linked system. I still frequent the system via IRLP since I no longer live in the area, but usually use the 444.10 when visiting back in Buffalo.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.