Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtDoc

Which would you find more useful?
I have a radio that can do both, a frequency and name for each memory channel. I also have a radio that is an either/or thingy. Most of the time I use a repeater site name, but in some I use the frequency. It requires a different 'attitude' for each but it isn't difficult for me to keep track of.
All it amounts to is what's easiest for you to deal with. If you aren't the only user then I figure you'd have to come to an agreement whith the other user(s).
- 'Doc

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Mine are all in by call sign. I'll forget which repeater I'm on if I store by frequency.

Same here, as several different repeaters on the same frequency are within range. :wink:

n9zas

N5TWB

Using repeater call signs doesn't work for me because sponsors often have multiple repeaters with the same call sign. Most of my radios don't show both the name and freq so I have to devise some name that reminds me of what it is. Example: a local club has a linked UHF system for severe weather coverage throughout NE OK and NW AR so I use the town name for each frequency, i.e. TULWX for the Tulsa input to the linked system, BVILWX for the Bartlesville input, etc.

On another club's primary repeater, they have regional inputs that use different tones to access the remote receiver so I use the club initials, shorten the freq., and a directional reminder: TRO88N = Tulsa Repeater Organization 146.88 North input tone or TRO88S for the south tone.

k3td

Which would you find more useful?
I have a radio that can do both, a frequency and name for each memory channel. I also have a radio that is an either/or thingy. Most of the time I use a repeater site name, but in some I use the frequency. It requires a different 'attitude' for each but it isn't difficult for me to keep track of.
All it amounts to is what's easiest for you to deal with. If you aren't the only user then I figure you'd have to come to an agreement whith the other user(s).
- 'Doc

I agree with Doc, and since I'm a little OCD I have my FT-7900 mobile programmed with frequencies in ascending order. In one bank I have all the simplex frequencies for 2, 222 and 440 (the rig can't transmit on 222 but receives fine and there is 222 activity in the Austin area). The next 3 banks are all the repeater frequencies for 2, 222 and 440 repeaters - and then I have a bank for anything I find not on a 'standard' frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.