Favorite frequency bands

What are your favorite frequency bands? You may choose more than one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pgnsucks

Hello, this is a poll to gauge the usage of various frequencies used by the Amateur radio operators on this site. This may have been done before however this will give a current picture of what is going on, it is also multiple choice.

Please feel free to educate people like me who are interested in the hobby. Possibly you use a series of frequencies however some are seasonal or time based. Such as I have heard 160 meters is only used late at night, I could be quite wrong on that part.

If the operators on the board would take a few moments of their time to pass along some of their knowledge I think that would be great for all to hear about.

So Please take part and I thank you for you time:)

P.S. The Poll only gives 10 choices so I eliminated 30-Meters Please feel free to chime in on your use of this band. Also if you might consider posting what you use the band for it would be Greatly appreciated and again thanks to everyone for you time and opinions:)

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
New favorite frequencies (bands) poll. I've copied the relevant posts from the other thread to this thread. And, I've made this thread a sticky so it will be at the top of the list when folks visit this forum.

If you voted in the previous poll, please vote again in this poll. I was able to copy some of the posts from the previous thread, but I can't copy poll votes.

Last edited:

WB4CS

30 Meters! A good place to really get into CW without all that SSB getting in the way ;)

My second choice would be 20 Meters... usually always some good DX or at least someone to talk to.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

70cm, 10-17m. I do not care for 20m and I have had far better luck working DX on 10-17m than any other HF band combined

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Active on all bands 160m to 24 GHz. It's hard to pick a favorite.

Token

Active on all bands 160m to 24 GHz. It's hard to pick a favorite.

Was thinking the same thing. However I am not active on 1.25 meters or on 24 GHz, I do hit all the other bands. But I guess if I had to pick a favorite it would be the entire HF range (+6 M) with 2 M and 70 cm weak sig modes coming in a close second.

T!

sloop

A good question...but unfortunately not very accurate in that many amateurs can operate only VHF / UHF (and 10m) due to their license. I would like to see the results of this survey if only general and higher class licensee voted since they have access to all amateur bands.

AgentCOPP1

I like 2m/70cm because of the satellites :) Right now I'm in that point when my favorite satellite (SO-50) only has good passes late at night (like at 1 AM). I haven't tried to see if anyone would actually be on during one of these passes, but satellites have got to be one of my favorite ham radio activities.

peterwo2e

love 20 meters the work horse of all the bands. i would go for 10 meters when its fully open but being that half the time its been dead. my vote stays with 20 any mode.

Darth_vader

I said "microwaves" because of C and Ku (as if the big fat fibreglass dish on my roof and three receivers on the ground wasn't enough of a giveaway) but I also love VHF, primarily for MURS.

acyddrop

Premium Subscriber
40, 20, 17 & 15. I use 2m a lot but indirectly via echolink or a DVAP.

On HF I do mainly PSK. Though occasionally voice SSB or digital voice.

Sent from my Funky EclipticRez v9

Status
Not open for further replies.