Another one bites the dust...AES closing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

Oh the times they are a changin...........................................

N8IAA

Dang! Can't tell ya'll how many Saturdays I spent out there (Wickliffe store) visiting with friends. Not in Ohio anymore. But it is a shame none the less.
Larry

K2RNI

Aww man. They were great, close to me in Vegas and no sales tax and better prices and shipping than HRO and Amazon just didn't have as much selection.

2016, the year of death. Lost a lot of good friends and family, lot a good stores out of business, lot good products discontinued, and few radios died as well. What a crap year for me.

Last edited:

Mars_P25

Paid RR Supporter
Banned
I'm curious how much of an influence the cheap Chinese radios were to this vendor's demise?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
AES

Looking online is nothing like being at the store and talking to the sale staff and other hams. My first Dayton purchase was from AES.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
That's a newsletter from almost three years ago. I'm hearing from multiple sources that they're closing at the end of July.

w2txb

That's a newsletter from almost three years ago. I'm hearing from multiple sources that they're closing at the end of July.

That's my point... I wonder if somebody saw that and somehow thought they were closing altogether. Stranger things have happened.

I cannot find anything (other than a few social media sites) with any official information straight from the horse's mouth (so to speak).

SCPD

QRT
"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
....................... Mark Twain

(it was worth a telephone call)..................................CF

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I'd believe it more if CQ cited something more official-looking. They're not exactly reliable, given how they handled the Pop Comm shutdown.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Has anyone CALLED Aes on the phone about this?? That might be the fastest most definitive way to get the full scoop on this. 73, n9zas

w2txb

One cannot really blame those who do not believe this story, possibly because so much of what appears on social media, web forums, and the like cannot be trusted. Even the so-called "fact-checking" web sites are not always correct in what they publish. I just ran across a supposed e-mail referring to the closing. Something about it did not look right, sort of like those e-mails we all get from somebody claiming to be a lawyer representing a deceased person in Nigeria who left us some money.

I heard from a slightly more reliable source (I think) who spoke of this in slightly more certain terms and with some information that may be somewhat credible.

This could be a "genuine possibility of a definite maybe", or it could be legitimate. I will wait until I see something more definitive and credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.