posting on that other forum, qrz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprite1741

Any one else not comfortable with that other site QRZ?. I am not even comfortable having them make money off my call sign information but so many hams seem to use that as a look up. The general discussion forums are terrible as well as their biased moderators. Seems like a lot of low life's hang out in the discussion forum and some act as moderators as well. Always complaining about contests, other modes, other people, no coders, etc. I hate being associated with them, but like I said a lot use the look ups so I can't take my call off. It's like the 75 meter of the internet. Much nicer here but needs more activity. So if you agree, lets start posting here more. Most hams won't say anything negative on qrz because the strong arm biased moderators or the site owner will come down on them.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Any one else not comfortable with that other site QRZ?. I am not even comfortable having them make money off my call sign information but so many hams seem to use that as a look up. The general discussion forums are terrible as well as their biased moderators. Seems like a lot of low life's hang out in the discussion forum and some act as moderators as well. Always complaining about contests, other modes, other people, no coders, etc. I hate being associated with them, but like I said a lot use the look ups so I can't take my call off. It's like the 75 meter of the internet. Much nicer here but needs more activity. So if you agree, lets start posting here more. Most hams won't say anything negative on qrz because the strong arm biased moderators or the site owner will come down on them.

There have been lots of complaints over the years about QRZ. Bottom line, it's his gig. Come on over here, weather is great!

K7MEM

I hate being associated with them, but like I said a lot use the look ups so I can't take my call off.

You can't take you call off of QRZ, even if you wanted to. The fact that someone can look up your call sign on QRZ has nothing to do with whether you are a paid or free member. Their data base comes from the freely available FCC data base and is updated regularly. If you deleted your profile and login, you would just turn up as a unmanaged call sign. Your FCC information would still be there.

About the only way to get your call sign off of their data base would be to cancel you license. But that would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

QRZ is no better or worse than any of the ham radio forums available. I have never had any issues with their forums or the moderators. If you got a problem with some of the people, and their opinions, your taking these discussion groups too personal and paying too much attention to the wrong discussion groups.

I post on several different ham radio forums. I visit them once, and sometimes twice, a day. But I only check the headings of several groups that I am interested in. I look at the topic that is on top. If it doesn't interest me, I move on. But if I have something to say, I say it, and move on. Only in special cases do I look back to see if there are any more posts. If I said something wrong in a post, so what. Someone will be along to correct me.

Personally I have better things to do that monitor the discussion groups all day. I have horses (hay processors) to feed, and then eventually, clean up after. That's far more important or interesting than some discussion groups.

In the end, it matters very little what you think about QRZ. If you don't like the forum postings on QRZ, don't read them. No one is twisting you arm. They are not the only game in town.

Martin - K7MEM

sprite1741

Thank you. You should fit right in over there with the rest of them. Apparently the weather is not so great over here either. This thread is people without your attitude. If you like QRZ so much stay there and leave me alone.

QDP2012

I don't use QRZ, simply because I found RadioReference first, and have not found a reason to use QRZ. So, I have nothing good or bad to say about QRZ. But, your above post seems to be more about ranting and blowing off steam than about a specific amateur radio topic where others might join in and have a beneficial discussion. Ranting here about another site accomplishes nothing. We've already seen sveral rant-threads about other radio-related sites, and they end-up going in circles, because they cannot solve a thing. Sometimes moderators close them just to stop the cycle.

My suggestion is for you to take a break from the keyboard, go enjoy a nice meal somewhere. Then, later, when you have an amateur radio question, please post it in a new thread in the amateur radio forum, so others can join in the conversation, and so that it can benefit everyone.

Have a good day,

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, I'm sure that Lindsay Blanton, who owns RadioReference.com, would not appreciate folks making negative comments about RadioReference on other web sites (though I'm sure it happens). Lindsay is a stand-up guy and if you have a legitimate complaint, he'll listen.

Likewise, I suspect that Fred Lloyd AA7BQ, who owns QRZ.com, would not appreciate folks making negative comments about QRZ here. If you have issues with QRZ, I don't see that there's anything to be gained from airing your complaints here. Please take your complaints to QRZ.com.

Complaining about QRZ.com here is kinda like posting on Facebook that you can't stand Twitter. Nothing accomplished.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.