Industry Canada Regulations for Antenna Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

michy

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't sure if I should post to the antenna forum or here, but since it isn't really a technical question, I'll try here.

With reference to the Industry Canada regulation that says antenna structures under 15m do not require consultation with neighbours, does anyone know if the 15m is only for the antenna supporting structure and not for the antenna itself?

I'm looking at a Solarcon A-99 antenna and the length by itself is about 17.5 ft long, so I'm wondering how far above the peak I could go.

michy

Premium Subscriber
Ok I lucked out on another search. The 15m should include the mast and antenna (total height of everything). I'm in an area that in just putting a TV antenna on my roof, someone came by, knocked on my door and said they didn't like it because they said it ruined their view of the mountains from their house.

It would be interesting to see what they'd say if I put even a thin 15m antenna in their view of the mountains.

prcguy

If that happened to me I would kindly ask the neighbor if they will buy me a satellite TV subscription so the free over the air TV antenna can come down and their view will be restored. I would then tell them I have war related mental trauma (PTSD) and if I don't get my soothing TV programs my doctors say I might shoot up the neighborhood.
prcguy

Ok I lucked out on another search. The 15m should include the mast and antenna (total height of everything). I'm in an area that in just putting a TV antenna on my roof, someone came by, knocked on my door and said they didn't like it because they said it ruined their view of the mountains from their house.

It would be interesting to see what they'd say if I put even a thin 15m antenna in their view of the mountains.

michy

Premium Subscriber
They actually moved not long after.

This was the antenna they complained about:

http://www.redhat.systems/ant/antenna008.jpg
(btw it is on a rotor, and currently hangs over towards my left neighbour, but we're really good friends and they don't care. Plus it helps me pick up TV from Bellingham :) ).

This is where I was thinking of placing the new antenna (I'd get the most height in this location since they would measure the 15m from the ground starting at the base of the antenna structure. The grade goes down about 8 or 9 feet as I go to the front of the house.

http://www.redhat.systems/ant/antenna004b.png

This is the line of houses behind me.. and since I'm on a hill, and I'm downhill from them, it would be fairly visible to them. I'm sure these houses were sold saying "A view of the mountains", since we face west towards the mountains north of Vancouver.

http://www.redhat.systems/ant/antenna010.jpg

RFI-EMI-GUY

Put it up quickly so that the neighbors will think it was there all along.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

wrath

Put up a flagpole with the antenna hidden inside!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.