UHF frequencies to talk on

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdotts

Living in Houston Texas.....
Only have one UHF (444.300 PL123) to talk on which is great works fantastic but wondering if there were "any other" UHF repeaters I can hit too after all this is Houston. The ones I have tried are silent after listening for a while. I have been directed to the Texas repeater book for more but all, except one, (444.300) have I been able to get in to. Wrote a Houston radio club and also was told to use Texas repeater book. I was hoping for an actual frequency and PL to use but no. Back to the Texas Frequency Book the frequencies and PL numbers but hearing nothing . I am on several VHF repeaters around and talking but not UHF except THAT ONE again.....am I missing something?? please advise!!

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Best thing to do is go to Repeaterbook.com and just program all the repeaters in the list and see what you can hit from your location,The 444.300 is an pretty good repeater its connected to the WIN -System and is 700 feet on top of an building in the Galleria area it has very wide coverage around Houston coming from Brownsville to Houston I can start hearing it in Wharton where the Buc-ee's is I cant hit it but hear it pretty well......

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that while searching for activity, make sure to disable PL on receive of your radio. This will alert you to systems that are on the air, but using different PLs than what is in whatever documents you come across. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.