Tonight 31 october Ham-Radio in Tv episode NCIS (in USA ) !

Status
Not open for further replies.

IW2BSF

HAM-RADIO on TV Series "NCIS" TONIGHT in USA !

Tonight's episode of "NCIS" has a story-line that focuses on a ham radio operator and uses ham radio to solve a murder. Be sure to check it out!
Season 15, Episode 6 Trapped - 31 October 2017 (on the CBS network at 8 p.m.)

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

Attachments

• ncsìis.jpg
    ncsìis.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 991

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Wonky calls I get.. but yea, handles???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lmrtek

Typical Hollywood liberals not doing any research first!
-
They used CB handles, impossible call letters, and called CQ on a dualband mobile radio that was turned off!

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Typical Hollywood liberals not doing any research first!
-
They used CB handles, impossible call letters, and called CQ on a dualband mobile radio that was turned off!
But at least they were real ham rigs.. and not mockups

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kc2jjt

antenna only good for 80 miles lol this one needs a rewrite using real ham operators and call signs.

SCPD

QRT
Given today's sue happy society they probably figured using a totally off call sign would be best for them. After all they are on a budget lol

VE7CUP

Premium Subscriber
NCIS and Ham Radio

I wish I had the directors email addy ! You wud think that a show that popular would at least source a real "ham radio operator" , or two,,,,,, I think they still consult with "CB" ops who want to be "ham Radio operators",,,Terrible dialogue, not sure I will watch again,,,, Disappointed in Canada.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
NCIS and Ham radio

Disgusted with the NCIS portrayal of amateur radio. But aside from their not getting adaquate technical advice, they went out of their way to make ham radio operators look like screaming, social misfit loons! They deliberately went out of their way to stuff it to the amateurs!

K2RNI

Disgusted with the NCIS portrayal of amateur radio. But aside from their not getting adaquate technical advice, they went out of their way to make ham radio operators look like screaming, social misfit loons! They deliberately went out of their way to stuff it to the amateurs!

Maybe they used the Los Angeles 435 repeater as a role model

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I enjoy NCIS, but they take a lot of liberties with the facts. I can't imagine any major department with just one criminalist (Abbey in this case) who does everything from basic evidence collection to DNA analysis and cyber hacking. I don't want to even get started about food consumption in a forensic work space.

The amateur radio part of last night's episode was pretty disappointing, especially the non-compliant callsigns and CB style handles. One would think the writers would have taken the trouble to drop a dime to the ARRL.

Another part of the episode (and many episodes) is the NCIS team's use of warrant-less searches and evidence collection.

(Soapbox now restored to storage position)

junkdr

Premium Subscriber
Kind of makes one wonder if someone in the HOA crowd may have had a hand in the portrayal of ham radio as a bunch weirdo nerds to diminish any value of the amateur radio service. CB like handles..really? I know it just a TV show, but one with many viewers who would certain get the wrong idea about ham radio.They really did a disservice to ham radio in my opinion.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
How about this disservice to the tech world as a whole... The double hack!! https://youtu.be/msX4oAXpvUE

The most ridiculous thing is that it is impossible for two people to "share" a keyboard...

The next most ridiculous thing is that unplugging Abbey's computer won't stop the 'hacker...'

<Sigh> I do enjoy NCIS, but sometimes things are stretched too far to remain the least bit credible. :roll:

VE7CUP

Premium Subscriber
N.c.i.s. Ham radio sham

Was a long time watcher of N.C.I.S., but, not sure I will watch again after last nights HAM RADIO SHAM !.
Shame on you Steven, it shows your ignorance, depicting "HAM RADIO OPERATORS" in that light. Did you glean / plagiarize this script from your old "CB radio" Buddies ?. I would expect to get fired if I done this in my discipline !, and I think you should be too. ! UNFORGIVABLE ! . With extreme prejudice ~
From My post to: HAM RADIO SHAM - NCIS

DJ11DLN

I find myself unsurprised about this. NCIS used to be a good show but I lost interest in it around 2014. It just got too far "out there" for me, with far too many blatant inaccuracies depicted. I tried watching an episode a few weeks back and just could not get into it. It's as if the characters -- the few remaining originals and the new ones as well -- are caricatures of what they should be. Sad when what started off as such a good show goes to pot.

That they would make Hams out to be weirdos or idiots, instead of taking the opportunity to portray them more truthfully, is disappointing.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
First, I didn't see the show and second I'm not an amateur radio operator, but...

I suspect the everyday, boring life of an amateur radio operator wouldn't make good television.

I also suspect when they do a show about carpenters or doctors or (insert occupation) it's also filled with half-truths and mistakes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.