Status
Not open for further replies.

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
REISS, WILLIAM D, WI4LL

William Reiss WI4LL went silent key on January 3rd 2018
Bill was from the state of Florida in Polk County and was the
victim of a horrible home invasion robbery. Bill suffered a horrific,
brutal, and violent death at the hands of 3 thugs from Mobile Alabama.
Below is a link to the press conference held by the Polk Co. Sheriff.
The details of the incident are just so bazaar, that I have to keep
watching it to come to grips with this senselessness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VySvnIRrKVc

Bill was a long time ham operator who love helping others.
He played a very instrumental role in setting up communications
during Hurricane Andrew. He will be missed.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
That was quite a press conference report by the Polk County Sheriff.... Horrific- you can't embellish that word further.
Poor Bill Reiss.............

(How in the world did this 18 year old 'kid' become a disaster investigator for FEMA ??... what kind of process do those FEMA clowns have in vetting their people? Makes me even more leery now when someone might say to me "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you")
.......................................CF

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
A real shame indeed. I knew Bill through my friend Kenneth Maier (mentioned in the
press conference) Ken was my best friend for 37-38 years. Sadly Ken succumbed
to his injuries 1pm on Friday Jan. 12th. Ken was neither a ham operator nor a gun
enthusiast. He simply didn't like guns.
Bill and Ken were both great guys who pretty much kept to themselves. Bill was
handicap and spent much of his time in a wheelchair. Ken was just a person who
liked to help others, so they became friends. Bill was a man in need of some help
and Ken was there to help share expenses and to aid Bill.

What the Sheriff didn't mention was some of the more gruesome details. Bill was
shot 5 times total. 2 in the face, 2 in the head and 1 in the hand. Ken was shot 4
times total. 1 in the right hand, 1 in the left shoulder, and 2 in the back of the head.
Both were shot at "VERY" close range. I personally saw Ken's wound to the head
and I can tell you that I saw burn around the wound. Apparently, they do not patch
up a wound like that because, often times, the swelling will force the bullet out through
the same hole, which, in fact, DID happen in Ken's case.

In any event, I beg all of you to use this as a wake up call. There are rotten people in
this world who do rotten things. SECURITY is essential people. Please take some
time to think about your own personal security. Security Systems, CCTV cameras
(which are becoming very reasonably priced) Locking your doors, etc. may just save
your life someday.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
My wife lost her 38 year old grandson at about the same time as Ken and Bill were murdered over in Polk City. He was murdered by a person who had already tried to kill another person with a brick to the head.
They couldn't help at the Winter Haven hospital and they flew him to Lakeland where he past an hour later. Many of the operators here and around Polk county are sad and mad about Bill and Ken being brutally murdered.
To say it mildly, many of us would like to take law into our hands and give out justice; But we know that isn't right, the course of justice must be followed.
And SpugEddy, you gave very sound advice; It is a wake up call, the violence has escalated ten fold if not more.
Bill was a fine human being who did not deserve what that piece of sh#t did to him and Ken, (Ken was a great human also, and I think he would've tried to defend himself and Bill).
As far as fema and some of the other government agencies that are stupid, I don't trust anybody they send out our way. Had to censor so it's time I shut up.

SCPD

QRT
I for one, can sense and feel for all the anger, angst and sorrow, you are feeling, Eddy.
Not knowing Bill as you did, all I can offer is my pathetic condolences for your friend.

When similar events get thrust in my face I personally try to see whatever grain of understanding can be glean'd from such an experience. The more divorced from that event, the more pragmatic I can be- thus we should all take to heart the warnings you said. Bill's gift to us, if I can be bold as to say it like that- for I try to look for a positive in even the most horrific- is to be vigilante. There is Evil out there; turn your awareness off at your peril !
I close this with my anger centre'd not only on the monsters that did this, but also on the agents that set Bill Reiss up
FEMA: what the Hell were you up to; an 18 year old with an adult criminal record (as mention'd by the sheriff, what the juvenile courts have is still seal'd) - he is made a disaster investigator-- a kid with a record going into people's houses, people in their most vulnerable circumstances.
What kind'a background security etc. was ever done on this thug, I ask the Bleeding Heart'd Liberals? Makes me sick ! Is there a lawsuit here, maybe?
Bill, may your soul rest in peace.... the rest of us, question that "government Inspector"- that 'whatever'-- at your door**-- on your street... Recognize that Evil is out there.
........................................CF
.** why I keep a 12Ga. SXS at my front door............. and CCW 24/7 while 'out and about..... " yes, Bad Coyote ! :)

Last edited:

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Coyote, your, or anyone’s, condolences here are not “pathetic”. They are heartfelt and that is saying plenty!

I also offer my sincere condolences to both of the victim’s families and friends.

May they rest in peace.

edweirdFL

I watched the video of the press conference and it was quite moving and a reminder to NEVER let your guard down. Being a kind, generous, and trusting person are good qualities to have and strive for but never at the expense of your own safety and well being.

Status
Not open for further replies.