3843 kHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm

You are probably hearing ex-W6WBJ and friends being obnoxious as usual.

ex-W6WBJ because the FCC pulled his license long ago but the kook still operates and nobody in authority stops him.

Just google W6WBJ you can also hear him on this sdr http://69.27.184.62:8901/.

TheSpaceMann

You are probably hearing ex-W6WBJ and friends being obnoxious as usual.

ex-W6WBJ because the FCC pulled his license long ago but the kook still operates and nobody in authority stops him.

Just google W6WBJ you can also hear him on this sdr http://69.27.184.62:8901/.
How has he been able to operate without a license for so long?

Otto

3.840 is the garbage channel. It's entertaining for a little bit, especially when they talk smack at each other. There are some key players on there, but it's mostly just garbage. It's just an amateur radio version of your favorite garbage CB channel, except they're hams (or license revoked hams)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otto

How has he been able to operate without a license for so long?

Because it's ham radio, and apparently the FCC is not interested in enforcing part 97 rules. Nothing new, though. This kind of stuff has been happening since ham radio was invented, and I see no real change in the future.

Otto

W6WBJ is a mentally ill arrogant A hole and I can't wait to see a picture of him looking out from behind bars.

prcguy

But you and I both know, unless he starts to interfere with stuff outside of Amateur Radio, I don't see him going to jail any time soon.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
What range of penalties does the FCC have at their disposal? They can cancel someone's license, they can issue fines, and they can confiscate equipment that is non-compliant with their rules (I think). But, can they throw an offender in jail? I'd like for someone experienced in communications law to explain to me how that would work.

kj3n

My radios don't tune above 3.800 on that particular band. It's all garbage and there's no DX.

bill4long

And remember, folks, no one is forcing you to listen. You have a VFO. Use it. Most frequencies have legal operators doing normal things on 75 meters.

bill4long

Because it's ham radio, and apparently the FCC is not interested in enforcing part 97 rules. Nothing new, though. This kind of stuff has been happening since ham radio was invented, and I see no real change in the future.

The FCC is, and always has been, a complaint driven agency. They don't have armies of compliance officers roaming the cities looking for violations. Ham radio has always been low on their list of enforcement and more-so today. It takes a very very special operator to get their notice these days, and even more-so for them to send a warning letter. It is exceptionally rare to actually issue a fine and/or cancellation of license. Ham radio has always had its crop of bad actors who mostly go unpunished. I've been a ham for over 50 years and nothing has substantially changed over that time.

Thankfully, most bad operators and shenanigans are limited to a very few frequencies, and nobody is forcing you to listen to those frequencies.

W6WBJ

You do not seem to understand amateur radio renewal law

I am W6WBJ and I am a fine business, A-1 Operator who has been licensed since 1960. I am on the air perfectly legally because I have a current, proper and valid amateur radio license.

You all seem to have some serious misunderstandings about amateur radio renewal law, so I will attempt to educate you.

Under the Administrative Procedure Act, Communications Act Sec. 307(c) and Rule 1.62 of the Commission's Rules, it is legally impossible for the FCC to terminate anyone's license in any fashion (whether by suspension, revocation or non-renewal) without first giving the licensee due process: notice and a hearing. I haven't had a hearing because the Enforcement Bureau is simply afraid to take me to one because they know they have no case against me.

For over 18 years the FCC has been trying to make me a scapegoat for its own failings; I have been kicking their *** the entire time; and I will continue to do so.

The term of a contract (a license grant is a contract between you and the U.S. Government) is determined not only by its nominally-stated term (10 years in the case of an amateur license), but also by its automatic renewal provisions. In the case of an amateur license, although the nominal term of the contract is 10 years, it contains [by virtue of the APA, Sec. 307(c) of the Act and Sec. 1.62 of the Rules, as stated above] automatic renewal language providing that if the licensee files a timely application for renewal but it is not promptly acted upon, the license renews on a day-to-day basis until such time as the Commission finally rules on the renewal application and all appeals have been exhausted. Therefore my license has not expired and is perfectly valid. That's why the Commission can't get me off the air.

Attachments

• 4-3-2007.jpg
    4-3-2007.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 355
Status
Not open for further replies.