I hope this is a stupid/easy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson1522

I recently upgraded to general and I'm looking for a quick and easy chart I can reference for the band plan. My memory just isn't what it used to be.

I found one for the Tech class license, but for the life of me I can't seem to find an equivalent for the general class. Either it's not an actual ARRL flyer or I'm too stupid to find it on their site.

Does anybody know where I can find a general class version of the attached poster?

Attachments

• 2012-03-05-technician-privileges.jpg
    2012-03-05-technician-privileges.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,002

Johnson1522

Thanks, UPMan. I've got a copy of the one you linked to, but it's not the one I'm asking for. I'm seeking one that shows ONLY general class, as the attached picture shows ONLY tech class. I'm not even sure if what I'm asking for really exists.

Rred

Johnson-
I've never seen one just for general. I'd say just take some white-out, or a black magic marker, and cross out the confusing parts from the normal "all in one" bandplan chart.

Or scan that onto a computer and use any paint program to just erase the confusing parts, or move the general bands together.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Check QST Magazine for what?

The guy is looking for a specific amateur band chart that only shows General privileges. I've never seen anything like that printed in QST. What I have seen in QST is the chart that shows all of the license privileges that UPMan mentions in the second post. N4GIX's second link is kinda what the guy is looking for, though since it was prepared in 2012, I would check it against a more current chart before I relied on it. Rred's solution may be the most expedient--just take a current chart and mark out the Advance and Extra privileges.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I believe that if the OP will simply Google "ham general frequencies," he'll come up with a plethora of examples. He can choose the one he likes best. The only caveat is to be sure it's current.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
N4GIX's second link is kinda what the guy is looking for, though since it was prepared in 2012, I would check it against a more current chart before I relied on it.

The only difference between that chart from 2012 and today's allocation, is the tiny slice in the 1.25m band where CW is allowed: 219-220...

...which is hardly likely to be of much interest anyway... :lol:

nd5y

Be careful with links.
There are several well meaning but clueless people here on RR (and other forums) who like to link directly to obsolete documents or post obsolete stuff from their hard drive as attachments. Always verify the source.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Well, thanks for the cryptic yet incomplete reply. It used to be that 219-220 MHz was available for secondary use by amateurs, the only restrictions being no FM voice was allowed.

Currently though usage is restricted to point-to-point digital message-forwarding systems, but only under strict limitations that require coordination with and sometimes approval by AMTS licensees.

I suspect that the FCC seeing that no one was using this tiny slice of spectrum decided to put it to better use. Yet another example the axiom "use it or loose it..." :(

References:
Band Plan
1.25 Meter Ham Radio Band - Free Knowledge Base- The DUCK Project: information for everyone

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Once again, the OP is looking for a chart that only shows the frequency privileges, in graphical form, that a General class licensee has.

Johnson1522

Thank you all for your attempt. I'm sorry that I should have clarified that I don't just want a band plan chart, I want a general class band plan chart in the format I referenced. It seems like my only option is to create my own.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Well, my chart at least gives you the raw data. If you want it "pretty-fied" then you're on your own... ;)

KE0GXN

Welcome to HF! I could use what you are looking for too. I still have to check the band plan every now then, before I transmit..lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.