Brian Crow K3VR to pay fine in FCC interference case

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
First paragraph from article on ARRL web site follows:

The US Department of Justice and the FCC have reached a settlement with Brian Crow, K3VR, of North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, to resolve allegations that Crow intentionally interfered with the communications of other Amateur Radio operators and failed to properly identify. The core component of the settlement calls on Crow to pay $7,000 to the US Treasury, the FCC and US Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania Scott W. Brady announced in separate July 3 news releases. In addition, Crow’s Amateur Extra class license will be restricted to Technician class privileges for 6 months, and he has agreed to discontinue contact with the individuals involved in this case. Crow’s Amateur Extra privileges will be restored after 6 months, “if no new violations have been found,” the FCC said.

The FCC news release in various formats can be found here.

The FCC Forfeiture Order in various formats can be found here.

ipfd320

Banned
Ok so the Fine is as Quoted *(Mr. Crow to pay the U.S. Treasury $7,000—a substantial payment for an
amateur operator. )*

Then There is This-*(He is also limited to “Technician Class” operating privileges for the next six
months, after which—if no new violations have been found—he will again be authorized to
operate with “Amateur Extra” operating privileges)

So I Guess This is What it Comes Down To--After 6 months He Can Start All Over Again with the Shenanigans

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Fine for interference

Permanent revocation of his amateur license would be a good start. The club where I lived before went through a very similar situation, and as soon as the idiot was reinstated, the problems did too.

prcguy

And if he does it again, maybe there will be jail time. I can't wait for the same news on w6wbj.

Ok so the Fine is as Quoted *(Mr. Crow to pay the U.S. Treasury $7,000—a substantial payment for an
amateur operator. )*

Then There is This-*(He is also limited to “Technician Class” operating privileges for the next six
months, after which—if no new violations have been found—he will again be authorized to
operate with “Amateur Extra” operating privileges)

So I Guess This is What it Comes Down To--After 6 months He Can Start All Over Again with the Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.