65 Great Things About Ham Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movieman990

I ran across this and didn't find it anywhere here at RR so thought I would post the link:

The text just below is from the introductory paragraphs of the article and list from CQ magazine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Five years ago, on CQ's 60th anniversary, we ran a feature throughout the year titled "60 Great Things About Ham Radio," in which we listed five "great things" each month. The series was quite popular and we have continued to receive requests to reprint it. So now, in honor of our 65th anniversary, we're repeating the list—with a few updates as well as five more "Great Things About Ham Radio."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's the link:

CQ - 65 Great Things About Ham Radio

Movieman990

A suggestion for the Balloonatics

CQ Magazine's list covers what they believe to be "65 great things about ham radio".

I can top that.

Here's a list of 100 things to do in amateur radio. OK, maybe not all of them are "great".

https://www.nfarl.org/HamInfo/100Things.html

Scroll down to the Balloonatics note and read what THEY do for fun.

My suggestion for that group....just send your radio items to me....I will pay the shipping. At least it will be FUN for me !

Last edited:

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
CQ Magazine's list covers what they believe to be "65 great things about ham radio".

I can top that.

Here's a list of 100 things to do in amateur radio. OK, maybe not all of them are "great".

https://www.nfarl.org/HamInfo/100Things.html

Pretty good.. I actually DO the first four things on the list... (and have a 10-10 number) :) For number five, I was on 160 for a few years, but could never get my dipole working well, (just wasn't high enough) so I took it down....

Status
Not open for further replies.